Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th November 2013, 16:34   #1
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Default My MG3 Update thread.

Just thought I would start a thread updating my living with my MG3 for the benefit of anyone interested in getting one or just generally interested.

I am now over 1000 miles in her after the first month! A wee bit more than my normal monthly mileage, but I have been having fun and away up North etc.

The drivers side DRL stopped working on the 15/11/13. I popped the car straight up to the garage as I was off. They said that according to the workshop manual the whole bumper has to come off to remove the light. They checked all appropriate connections and fuses and couldn't see any problems so have ordered another.

I couldn't get it back in for fitting until today. They replaced BOTH of them on the advice of MG. Full DRL light unit was faulty. I spoke to the head mechanic and he said he did not know what the cause was but that MG advised replacing both when he phoned up for parts. He said it sounded like a manufacturing fault on a particular batch perhaps. Of course this is not confirmed. I would advise all owners to keep and eye on their DRLs just in case as there is no indication on the dash that they are not working, it needs to be visually checked.

Service wise, first class, got a lift to and from the train station, car was fully valeted for pick up.
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 16:56   #2
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

They do look like lovely cars and it seems you are over the moon with yours.
Loads of pictures is what we want
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 17:02   #3
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

If you haven't already seen, I put some in photography corner a few weeks back.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=164002

Will be at the Helensburgh winter festival with some of the chaps from here and will hopefully get more then.
Old 8th January 2014, 16:31   #4
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

She got a wash and wax today before the rain quickly returned, nice and shiny!
Old 23rd February 2014, 10:27   #5
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Hit 3000 miles last night on the way home last night. Still driving and handling superbly.

Problems - It has become apparent that there is a design flaw with the door seals. This allows water to collect between the seal and the door when it is raining heavily and when you open the door it drops onto your seat! MG are well aware but for the moment thanks to a chap on .org there is a simple fix with self adhesive rubber seals for the meantime.

Parking sensors are a pain in the backside. Constant beeping or random beeping. Problem appears to be middle sensor as it is not fully recessed into the bumper as per the other 2. The top half is in line with the bumper and the bottom half is recessed which creates a ledge, perfect for holding water and the seal is not great. It has been back to the dealer twice, unable t0 fix and are awaiting MG's advice.......

They are my only faults, car still handles beautifully, when you give it some beans its great fun. Take it for a gentle drive and there is no complaints either. Everything else works fine, cruise, DAB, Bluetooth etc.

I am averaging 38 MPG but others are reporting low 40s.

Finally got my spare wheel kit too. Still no complaints with my dealer themselves, been very good with me.
Old 27th February 2014, 08:31   #6
dentricrio
Loves to post

Mk1 R75 Saloon 1.8

MPG sounds like what would be expected to be honest had a 08 1.1TCE Clio that did 37.

I have a few questions as I may look at replacing the SAAB in the summer I'm planning on taking one for a test drive once the Newcastle dealer has actually been built,

How are the seats compared to a 75/ZT? Do you find the quality of them ok, would you go for the leather option if you were to buy one again?

Whats the engine warm up time like is it as fast as a k-series?

How do you find the ride on country roads?

Any options you could live without or wish you had?

Would you recommend one?
Old 27th February 2014, 13:52   #7
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post
They do look like lovely cars and it seems you are over the moon with yours.
Loads of pictures is what we want
It must just be me then!

Roverite.
Roverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 11:23   #8
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentricrio View Post
MPG sounds like what would be expected to be honest had a 08 1.1TCE Clio that did 37.

I have a few questions as I may look at replacing the SAAB in the summer I'm planning on taking one for a test drive once the Newcastle dealer has actually been built,

How are the seats compared to a 75/ZT? Do you find the quality of them ok, would you go for the leather option if you were to buy one again?

Whats the engine warm up time like is it as fast as a k-series?

How do you find the ride on country roads?

Any options you could live without or wish you had?

Would you recommend one?
The seats I find very comfortable, I didn't get leather as I liked the comfort and fit of the standard seats and didn't see £500 of leather changing that, plus black leather plus the sun (when its out for the 2 days of summer)....

Engine tends to warm up within 2 miles normally around 1 mile. There is no temp gauge, blue temp light comes on when started and disappears once warm.

The ride is firm but not harsh. Can't say I have found it uncomfortable at any point on any road. Compared to my wife's Fiat 500 it is a much smoother ride.

As I have had problems with the reversing sensors and I am still awaiting MG to come back with a solution I wouldn't bother with getting them unless you want a constant beep anytime you select reverse.....

I like the cruise control, works perfectly as do the steering wheel controls for the stereo. The Bluetooth works well with a phone and downloads the phonebook quickly.

I would recommend having a test drive. The engine is not everyones cup of tea, but for me its perfect. Slow and steady for the majority of the time and then when you push the revs up its massively fun!

One other note would be the door seals, particularly noticeable during the recent spell of wet weather.

That's me being honest though, but those small issues aside, the car is great, reliable engine wise and a hoot to drive.

Get a test drive and decide for yourself.
Old 1st March 2014, 11:23   #9
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

A wee wash and polish this morning....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1393676520974.jpg (136.6 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1393676534663.jpg (135.2 KB, 392 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1393676552117.jpg (133.4 KB, 395 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1393676572156.jpg (142.1 KB, 395 views)

Last edited by Alan_G; 1st March 2014 at 15:23.. Reason: Put photos in text body rather than attachments
Old 1st March 2014, 21:56   #10
sma
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon & Rover 75 Tourer

Beginning to warm to this car more and more-!!
sma is offline   Reply With Quote