Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th August 2016, 11:11   #1
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts
Default MG3 Likely arrival in the family.

Hi.
My youngest daughter has a 2003 VW Beetle 1.6, it recently has had a catalogue of problems with one of the the being a thirst for oil, around 300mpp. It's ruined the cat and now both lambda sensors. Enough is enough. We searched all sorts of different cars from the Fiat 500, Toyota Aygo, & Clio on lease.
I had a thought of why not see what deals are on the MG3. She immediately liked the look of the MG3 and the customisation of the paint job. The deals are good, a years free insurance and £99 per month on the base model for leasing, £109 per month for finance over 5 years if your buying, there are many other good reasons to buy which include a very good scrappage scheme and £900 from MG toward the deposit.
She's off today to Pheonix for a look and test drive.
Old 10th August 2016, 14:00   #2
Mischief
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.
My youngest daughter has a 2003 VW Beetle 1.6, it recently has had a catalogue of problems with one of the the being a thirst for oil, around 300mpp. It's ruined the cat and now both lambda sensors. Enough is enough. We searched all sorts of different cars from the Fiat 500, Toyota Aygo, & Clio on lease.
I had a thought of why not see what deals are on the MG3. She immediately liked the look of the MG3 and the customisation of the paint job. The deals are good, a years free insurance and £99 per month on the base model for leasing, £109 per month for finance over 5 years if your buying, there are many other good reasons to buy which include a very good scrappage scheme and £900 from MG toward the deposit.
She's off today to Pheonix for a look and test drive.
All I can say is we have enjoyed ours so far, it runs and preforms great and is so comfortable on long journeys.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 16:36   #3
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

My mate's very pleased with his MG3. It drives really well.
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 18:09   #4
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

I am exceptionally pleased with ours; amazingly well specced out and runs like a dream. Just been over to Ireland to collect an elderly relative and all their possessions and even with 4 people (and all the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- in the car) it was comfortable and fast enough! Great small car and for the price exceptional value!
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 18:18   #5
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Thats a good deal Trevor, my daughter and I will be looking into this for sure.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 12:21   #6
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
She is on the balance with the MG3 & a Fiat Panda.
The MG3 falls down on its N-CAP rating with it only getting 3 stars, the adult occupancy safety rating is 10% lower than the Fiat, also the corrosion guarantee is two years less.
She liked the way the MG3 felt in comparison to the Panda but thought it was noisy. One thing she did notice was some of the trim parts were loose and she felt the Fiat was better made.
I personally cannot comment as I've never been in an MG3, I have though driven a 2015 Panda Pop and thought it was a nice little car, very light to drive, quiet and comfortable for its size.
It will be her decision though. I would say that the Fiat could well have the best resale value after 3-4 years, as the MG3 is still an unknown quantity.
Old 18th August 2016, 13:05   #7
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I see Brysons in Prestwick have a number of 3s in now
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 15:17   #8
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

the folk i know who have them like them , they drive well .

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 16:01   #9
Mischief
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Hi.
She is on the balance with the MG3 & a Fiat Panda.
The MG3 falls down on its N-CAP rating with it only getting 3 stars, the adult occupancy safety rating is 10% lower than the Fiat, also the corrosion guarantee is two years less.
She liked the way the MG3 felt in comparison to the Panda but thought it was noisy. One thing she did notice was some of the trim parts were loose and she felt the Fiat was better made.
I personally cannot comment as I've never been in an MG3, I have though driven a 2015 Panda Pop and thought it was a nice little car, very light to drive, quiet and comfortable for its size.
It will be her decision though. I would say that the Fiat could well have the best resale value after 3-4 years, as the MG3 is still an unknown quantity.
I never have any noise from mine in fact I think it's too quiet, no loose trim bits maybe it's because its a showroom model for test drives?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2016, 19:19   #10
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

OK I will jump in here: I had a Fiat 500 a great car but it was flaky overall in terms of trim, annoying bits and bobs not working. The interesting thing for me is the relative positions of MG Motor UK and Fiat in the satisfaction surveys. One is higher by a considerable margin.

My MG3 came with a squeak. In one trip to the dealer it was fixed and they could not have been more helpful. The 500 (a more expensive car) went back on numerous occasions for little fixes and in most cases I did not even get a coffee and in many cases 'no fault was found'

The three handles far better and has a very low insurance group. The NCAP data is not as good it is true and if this is a major concern then this could override the issue.

I have just been to Ireland to collect my 90 year old mum in law and all her stuff with Mrs W and my tall 14 year old daughter. And it was not at all a problem for space, speed, stuff or anything despite the footprint of the car being quite small. I have been massively impressed with the 3 and would recommend it totally. Its been a huge and pleasant surprise!
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote