Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th November 2016, 07:48   #1
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

Default My 'new to me' MG ZT V6 160 (now 177)

Well after looking and looking and not finding what I wanted within the price range I wanted to spend (at the end of the day this car is to be my daily as I run an E60 M5 as well); I decided to buy this 160 that has been worked on and retuned by Phil T4!

With his magic 'breathed' on to this car (including the belt work and a T4 session to up it to 177); it gave me confidence that this would be a good car to buy etc

I will be selling my E60 M5 in the New Year as I'd like to get an E60 M5 Tourer, a bit rare as hens teeth currently, but I'll find one... So the ZT needs to see me through winter and into the March/April months and on

So, a trip down to Burton on Trent last week and collected my Trophy Blue MG ZT V6 160

It had covered just over 82k miles; it'd been sat in a garage for nigh on 6 years after the fuel pump had failed! The guy who bought it fixed that, spent a lot of £££ with Phil T4 having the belts and T4 session done and spent further £££ on other bits (inc. the tyres that I've had up for sale)

All I'm doing to it now is having the Dunlop winter tyres fitted later this week and then a full brake overhaul (it REALLY needs it) with new discs, pads and handbrake shoes on the rear and the MG ZT 190 brake calipers and disc upgrade on the front.

I've gone for Delphi discs and Mintex pads all round and may up-rate the fronts to Mtec grooved discs with EBC Redstuff pads come the warmer weather

The interior of the car is very clean indeed with no damage to any of the seats The carpets and interior have been hoovered to within an inch of their lives and new plush black mats have been fitted

A Kenwood Bluetooth head unit has replaced the Sony head unit that was in the car and that's now on its way to a fellow member on here The Bluetooth mic is situated in the small cubby above, the wire was fed through one of the small holes in the top of the head unit holder; an easy and tidy job!

All the glass was thoroughly cleaned and all the seats were leather conditioned and the alcantara centres were hoovered and given a good 'clothes brush' brushing to remove any bobbles and replenish the pile a bit

Interior lights replaced with LEDs; looks much better!

I've sorted out the bonnet release block and done the necessaries with the locks and latches; I've replaced the restrictive intake with a 'cold air' intake of sorts using a 76mm to 70mm 90° silicone reducer and an ITG cone filter and some air ducting I had left over when I fitted the GruppeM kit to my M5

The spare wheel well has been scrubbed, hoovered, washed and resprayed satin black as it was scratched and ugly looking. Fortunately the rear light seals and vents have all been sealed to stop water ingress!

The alloys are the Hairpins and they're scruffy, but as I'm putting winter tyres on, I'm going to give them a quick refurb (just a simple wash, dry, run over with a scotch pad and sprayed with some sparkle silver rattle can paint) and they'll be fine for the winter months. I'm going to look to get a set of straights and have them fully refurbished in the New Year and resprayed silver and finished with a sparkle lacquer They'll go together with their new Vredestein tyres

The car does require some body/paintwork for me to be happy with it (I've got terrible OCD ) - I'll be getting both front & rear bumpers resprayed, the wing and boot lid and the bonnet. They're not rough, but they're not as good as they could be either! But again, it's the wrong time of year for this work, so they'll be done come the warmer months in the New Year

And that's it for now; I've just tried to sort some pictures out, but Photobucket is playing silly buggalugs still, so I'll get updated pics up ASAP

Last edited by JoeMc; 8th November 2016 at 19:04..
JoeMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 17:04   #2
timspencer
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT

I live in Burton!
timspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 17:07   #3
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

And you were also at mine today lol
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 19:31   #4
Lynyrd Skynner
Regional Secretary: South Central

None at the moment

I bought my Typhoon 190 from Burton in June...!
Old 8th November 2016, 22:35   #5
timspencer
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT

Small world!!
timspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 20:40   #6
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

So, spent most of yesterday (Sat 12th Nov) refurbing the Hairpin alloys, as they were tatty, covered in paint corrosion and looked rough where brake dust had eaten into the paintwork etc...

I've not done a perfect refurb as they're to be the winter alloy & tyre set; I've got some straights to be properly refurbished for when my normal summer tyres go back on come the warmer weather in the New Year etc

The Hairpins all took a full wash, dried in front of the small electric fan heater in my garage, rubbed down with coarse then medium grade 'scotch pads', washed again, dried again and the wiped down with pre-paint wipes, dried again and then sprayed with a few coats of Halfords 'Vauxhall Sparkle Silver' rattle can paint...

They've been refitted along with new black wheel bolts and look hell of a lot better; quite proud of myself haha

Today (Sunday 13th Nov); it got an in-depth snow foam (undercarriage and all wheel arches) and a thorough power wash and then a good proper wash, rinsed and waxed. All glass has been cleaned and the front windscreen and rear screen RainX'd and the tyres treated with Megs tyre gel and the alloys had a good waxing of their own, just to aid easier cleaning really!

Discovered that the air con clutch isn't engaging, so need to look into that even though the system has been re-gassed recently and IIRC, was working up until a few days ago!

Front side-light bulbs changed for 20 LED CANBUS bulbs as well, looks much better and suited the car and the xenons rather than the orange glow of the standard 501 bulbs!
Old 20th November 2016, 09:48   #7
e30325itourer
Loves to post

mgztt190/bmw e30 325i tourer

Need photos of this Joe. I love trophy blue.
This vehicle was the 100th ZT-T in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 1,134 Starlight Silver ZT-Ts
e30325itourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 11:40   #8
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

Will do!

It's lashing it down again here, so will get it washed and waxed again later this week and get some pictures up
Old 29th December 2016, 12:31   #9
JoeMc
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 / BMW E60 M5

Brrr... What a day to help my brother and sis-in-law move to their new house!

It's a house they've had their eyes on for the last 5 years, they couldn't afford it first time around and it came up for sale 6 weeks ago and they agreed a price on the first day of it being up, by chance!

Anyways; they're all in and I've managed to keep my car fairly clean from it's wash & wax the other day, so here are some pictures, at last

Kenwood Bluetooth head-unit, hands free mic just in the small cubby above, as you can see:

Shiny steering wheel (soon to be replaced with a recovered one, hopefully):

190 brake upgrade, calipers painted satin black:

Old 29th December 2016, 13:19   #10
Lynyrd Skynner
Regional Secretary: South Central

None at the moment

Lookin good , looks in great condition....