Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th January 2017, 02:47   #1
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts
Default I know I've been a bit quiet and I can explain everything.

Hiya all Lordy here how are things, hope you all keeping ok and everything is going smoothly so far, still got a while too go before the year is done.

Well to be honest with you all there has been some ups and downs recently and this time its financial, it involves tax, let's just say I'm not looking forward too April what so ever

I've left myself short and my security work, again has died down too almost a complete halt which has got me rather worried, I was getting regular work for a while, till I started getting moved around a lot from job too job, when I came back expecting still too have my 5 days a week of work in Angelsey , which my manger promised, I lost it someone else nearer too the job who had taken over completely, its got me cheesed with the firm in general and Mark who ran the show, no longer as he's left the firm, sure he may given me work, at the same stabbed me in the back a little bit and got messed around as well.

This year I'm going in the Army that's something I will do now asap, that's where my career choice and something I want too do, If I don't I'll spend the rest of days wondering what if this what if that, this is my best shot too have a solid job and too do something I've wanted too go, only get one chance in life do what you can.

I did say I was going too last year, but did have some good work hours coming in and did delay that a bit, but now I'm 100 certain that the security industry is no longer for me, zero hour contacts, constant bull, no thanks I'll take what ever work comes in in the mean time, but as soon as I get the green light, its bye bye security and hello brighter future.

One lesson I've learned from everything recently, Don't squander your money too easily, its hard too get back after its spent and when work load gets reduced, I have saved a bit, but pending bills let's just say I'll be in the DANGERZONE!!!!!!!!!!

Poor money management on my part, I should have been more careful, but I got a little overconfident with my work hours hoping they would stick.
All I say is this too everyone.

Anyone can fall into this trap, doesn't matter how old you are, treat every job and work that you do that it could be your last, don't over worry about that, still tho if does come too that save as much as you can and don't do what I did and leave yourself too dry, we can always foresee what's going too happen, that's why its always good to be prepared for the expected.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 11:35   #2
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Hey Dave I hope things turn around for you, the zero hours job situation around the country is a disgrace, totally different from my days when there were plenty of apprenticeships & jobs about.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 11:48   #3
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Hi Dave
Do make sure the IR is treating you fairly and properly - we have come across numerous cases were they have got it wrong. It may pay you to get someone to check what the Revenue is telling you.
The CAB is a good place to start
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 12:27   #4
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

What trade are you going for in the army?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 12:52   #5
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Darcydog offers sound advice Dave. Are you on self-assessment, do you have more than one job that HM revenue knows about?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 13:33   #6
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Loads of Jobs available here, your security background may help.

http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/bu...rison/jobs.htm

Wont be zero hours.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 13:38   #7
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Ooh, know what a visit from the taxman can do. One of my neighbours was a self employed painter/decorator/Arthur Daley (into a bit of everything) kinda guy, taxman descended on him and once they'd had their pound of flesh they passed him on to VATman.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 16:54   #8
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Hey Dave I hope things turn around for you, the zero hours job situation around the country is a disgrace, totally different from my days when there were plenty of apprenticeships & jobs about.
Hiya Ian yeah so do I mate, its got me on red alert and my mother isn't helping matters either, she's get really stressed as well over things like this, its a dominion affect.

I was born in the wrong era, would love too have had the jobs my dad had back in his youth, there was plenty going around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Hi Dave
Do make sure the IR is treating you fairly and properly - we have come across numerous cases were they have got it wrong. It may pay you to get someone to check what the Revenue is telling you.
The CAB is a good place to start
I've been going over my paper work and yes I'm self employed paying class 2 national insurance, being self employed since 2012, reason being is as I working security when you sign a contract as employee, you can only work for that firm, but being self employed I can work for different firms and verse bypass the sticking too one firm rule, I can work for who ever.

All my payslips have been printed and highlighted, all that now has being organised, my dad's been helping me out with this as he self employed as well as a van driver.

All my books are recorded

I know that I've got more hours in my trade last year, I was doing a lot of hours for a while till it got reduced again.

what doesn't help is my security hours are all over the place and never 100% constant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
What trade are you going for in the army?
I'm going for the REME.
Either has a vehicle mechanic.
Aviation engineer.
Or weapons handling, missiles, heavey machine guns etc.

You can pick up too three jobs now, if you don't get into one trade, there's a chance too for get in too other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Darcydog offers sound advice Dave. Are you on self-assessment, do you have more than one job that HM revenue knows about?
Hiya Phil, he's spot on there, I am yes and they know my hours as its all written down as well and on the data base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_of_British View Post
Loads of Jobs available here, your security background may help.

http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/bu...rison/jobs.htm

Wont be zero hours.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Cheers for the link mate nice one, I'm trying too get out of it now, but still will take the work while I can till get the green light for the armed forces.
doing the paper work and my qualifications as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Ooh, know what a visit from the taxman can do. One of my neighbours was a self employed painter/decorator/Arthur Daley (into a bit of everything) kinda guy, taxman descended on him and once they'd had their pound of flesh they passed him on to VATman.
Oh yes the taxman first time I've had issuers with them and already know what its like.

its bl.oody horrible.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 19th January 2017, 17:19   #9
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Default Update here.

Just going though my payslips.

In fact I have been paying tax and national insurance, it seems that mark didn't up date my employment papers.

I told the firm that I was self employed, but looks like Mark didn't put it in the system, in fact I'm down as a employee, in other words tax has been ducted from wages and national insurance.

Ok now my brain is all over the place here, one month I didn't pay tax looking though my pay slips, but the rest I have, I need too call Andy and have a chat with him.

I'm looking at them now as we speak and all my payslips from Corvus security the firm I work for the most, tax has been done.

Lest we forget.

Go your own way.

Old 19th January 2017, 22:49   #10
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Dave , if you are doing any kind of self employed work between now and joining the army, contact HMRC and ask to go on to a budget payment scheme,. You can choose the amount you pay them per month, it's direct debit, I have been on this system with them for years, I have never yet had a tax bill that was over the amount I had payed them per year. In most cases I had overpaid, but only applied for partial refund now and then, to make sure I had a bit left in the kitty in case the following year's bill was more. It's a bit of a P I T A if you want to apply for refund, but worth having the scheme as it pays your bill as you go. I have another p t job, but I pay a ax and source on my earnings from there.