Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th July 2007, 12:58   #1
Hampton Caught
Loves to post

ex MG ZT-T (sob!), Rover 25 and TR7 dhc pilot, but not all at the same time!

Default 75 and ZT mk 3

As the facelifted 75 and ZT is now three years old, what would you do if you were manaufacturing the car now to facelift it again/ freshen it up for today's market?

I will offer the following up as proposals and would welcome your own ball-gazing thoughts....then maybe someone could photoshop what we come up with!?
  • Tweaks to front and rear bumpers to provide a splitter effect (ZT only)
  • Subtle rubbing strips down the flanks to provide some car park protection
  • Replace the rear light lenses with LEDs (but NOT the Lexus-style abominations)
  • Body colour dash option for the ZT
  • Small rear (high level) spoiler for the ZT-T
  • Revise the rear window for the tourer and ZT-T to prevent water ingress
  • Uprated head gaskets for all K series cars
In giving this some thought, I've realised that there is so much I like about the styling of our cars that there's really very little (major) action I would take. My suggestions are mostly tinkering and adding bling.....but isn't that what manufacuturers tend to do anyway?

Ladies and gentlemen, your suggestions, please.....

Steve
Hampton Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 16:00   #2
MartinW

MG TF LE500

I'd like to see a body shell in the style of the original ZA/ZB Magnettes, a bit like the way the 75 was evolved from the original 75.

I looked at a new Rolls Royce this morning when I was leaving the hotel in Dubai, and it struck me that the new 75 could follow a similar theme based on the original P5B coupe with a nice upright grille and that sloping rear boot with smaller tail lights that remind me so much of the 50/60s Rolls Royce and Rover P4 and P5.
MartinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 18:39   #3
tourerfogey
Banned

Ideas for the Mk3...mmmm...let's see??

I know, reverse all the 'Korean' styling introduced on the Mk2 and make it look like the Mk1 again.

(I'm now going to hide under my stairs for a short while....)
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 19:03   #4
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

if they could just redesign all the newbie panels to the same standard of the original that would be a start. and take those big letters off the boot. I keep trying to convince myself its sensible to go for a mk2 tourer but everytime I look at one, I know I'm spiritually better off with the more holistic original
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 19:18   #5
tourerfogey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondweed View Post
if they could just redesign all the newbie panels to the same standard of the original that would be a start. and take those big letters off the boot. I keep trying to convince myself its sensible to go for a mk2 tourer but everytime I look at one, I know I'm spiritually better off with the more holistic original
That's exactly how I feel. I've toyed with the idea of getting something newer than my 03 reg Mk1 but with only 16K on the clock it means I'm looking at a very late virtually unused Mk2 - and they just ain't the same are they?

Either that or a higher spec model of similar vintage to mine, but it doesn't seem sensible to buy a car with a higher mileage than the one I've already got.

(it was dark and cold under my stairs so, sorry guys, I'm back )

Last edited by tourerfogey; 13th July 2007 at 19:21..
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 19:20   #6
bluenose66
Loves to post

MG ZT CDTI+ 135 Auto -Intake Mod 2 - EGR Bypass

Issue you with a couple of goldfish that you can place under your ECU, this would then give your plenum (not) drain a reason for existing :lol:
bluenose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 21:32   #7
ColinB
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer 1.8T Club SE

I would make it look exactly like the original and call it the Retro 75. Bet it would sell like hot cakes.
ColinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 21:39   #8
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondweed View Post
I have the new Tourer and am in the Process of removing Rover Letters across rear Tailgate. Will post pictures when completed.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 21:43   #9
Simon
Banned

-

I would choose the Mk2 Premium bumper on a ZT and remake all the body pannels in aluminium and have tighter fitting tolerances. I would also fully leather upholster the interior (door cards, centre console and dash). Then I'd find a better V8 than the Ford Mustang one and supercharge it, perhaps mate it with an autobox capable of transfering the power. Then I'd..... oh wait, hang on... I think I'd better stop now. Several apple carts have just been upset in the wake of what I've just said.......

..... I'll get me coat.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 22:20   #10
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
I have the new Tourer and am in the Process of removing Rover Letters across rear Tailgate. Will post pictures when completed.
Found a use for that new angle grinder then JD, I hope you bought some T cut as well.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote