Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th March 2012, 10:13   #1
sylvester
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Ready to do the brakes!

I have my four new discs and pad sets on order (Pagit) and a new pair of wear indicators. I also bought a Torx T50 impact tool to undo the torx bolts with every expectation that they won't want to budge in a hurry. Would it be a good idea to buy four new ones just in case they are mangled by the time they let go or am I being over cautious. I haven't seen any for sale - are they easy to acquire?
sylvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 10:27   #2
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

I just used a 7mm caliper key to undo mine. The bolts were stiff so I tapped the end of the caliper key with my hammer to shock them loose. Another option is to use a socket wrench and just undo the caliper and carrier in one go as the whole thing will lift out anyway.

Rik.

It may not happen very often but if I say something helpful please hit the "thanks" button as it helps other users.

Thank you.

No. 16 of only 52 Nocturne Blue 75/ZT ever produced. ONLY TEN of these were ZT 190+

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/263467.png
carguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 10:36   #3
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Of the 4, I battled with the 1 retaining screw and broke the torx spanner. Ended up using a small chisel to tap it loose. The others were fine. Assemble with lots of copper slip/grease though.

Craig
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote