Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th August 2017, 18:14   #101
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Yes indeed Wullie, I could have removed the doors and re fitted them in a few days, so only the paintwork on top of that however, finally today we've just picked the XF up and it looks lovely.

Believe it or not there was a final delay as we were running almost an hour late and when we got to Glasgow the delivery driver had also got held up due to an accident ( the body shop is several miles from the showroom)

It was pouring with rain so I've been unable to inspect it thoroughly but so far it looks fine. The original wing which I retained also is as good as new with only a very small area of corrosion the size of a sixpence.
I'm glad this part of the saga with the Jaga is over.

Feel free to pop in sometime when your passing.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 22:46   #102
Athorpe
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Interesting to see the problem you have had with you XF, been away from the forum for a bit as my Rover was replaced with an XJ, which is now being replaced by the sMe Rover 75!

At only 3 1/2 years old I've had corrosion problems on the door pillars (inside the door shuts so not where it could easily be damaged). At this point it had only done 18k miles.
Despite corrosion warrenty Jaguar refused to repair it or cover it as the corrosion was deemed to have come from inside the door pillar outwards ( how that could the the owners fault I never understood, and it also hadn't it was galvanic corrosion between the steel door fittings and aluminium pillars)

After many months of fighting which was heading in the direction of legal action to get it sorted Jaguar themselves agreed to cover it as a goodwill gesture, warrenty wouldn't cover it still. I thought the days of corrosion on 3 year old cars were gone in the 70's

I've also got a blister appearing on the drivers door, with the car still not 4 years old!

Also got lawyer peeling on 2 wheels,

On top of that are many electrical issues, parking sensors and cameras that refuse to work if it's sunny and above low 20's temperature , come back to life as soon as it cools down, and a keyless entry system that will let you in then won't start the car as it can't find they key it knew you had to open the door moments before!

Seems to be Jaguar maybe need to sort their build quality out a bit
Athorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 07:00   #103
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

I've already posted that I just don't understand the thought process from the dealers and/or Jaguar.

Stuff goes wrong, it happens.

It's what happens next that matters.

Should I ever be in the market for this type of car then Jaguar, however much praised by the press etc. will not be on my shopping list.

If they'd have done the decent, sensible, thing and sorted it out then they would be because I like Jags but I'm not spending £££££££'s to be fobbed off with duff quality and no "certainly sir, that shouldn't have happened, we'll sort it free of charge straight away" response.

How many customers will they lose?

Maybe they'll end up with the sort of reputation that, dare I say it, Rover had/has.

Andy.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 07:12   #104
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post

How many customers will they lose?

Andy.
Not many I suspect - I still want an XF Sportbrake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post

Maybe they'll end up with the sort of reputation that, dare I say it, Rover had/has.

Andy.

Or, more likely, the sort of reputation that Mercedes has. MB's corrosion problems have not hurt sales.

As I said in a previous post, these considerations will be peripheral to the majority of buyers of new prestige car.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 07:18   #105
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Hi MSS.

Fair point.

I agree it'll probably make no difference for the folks buying brand new.

Not really my area but surely it'll affect the residuals which will be fed into the calculations for PCP and push the costs up .

Having said that, I agree that as you say it probably won't matter a jot to those who want one.

From what I read Merc aren't what they used to be and their after sales service seems to leave a lot to be desired.

But I look to keep a car for years & years, not swap it when the wind changes .

Maybe some really good buys to be had in a few years time if you can find a good one?

Andy.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 28th August 2017 at 07:38..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote