Notices

Old 28th February 2017, 12:18   #31
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price View Post
I have to say that whilst I'm a fan of the marque, after Googling Jaguars anti-corrosion warranty, for them to only offer a 6 year corrosion warranty for what's supposed to be a "Premium" brand, is quite poor and would expect to have at least double that. Suppose it boils down to the old "Caveat Emptor".
Even the Panda has an 8 years perforation warranty
Old 1st March 2017, 12:57   #32
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I've finally made contact with CRC, mind you it was quite difficult,they were supposed to call me back but I had to call them. The lady I spoke with could barely understand my accent and I had extreme difficulty in understanding hers.

Why does Jaguar not employ people who can actually understand the Queens English.

Anyway I now have to go to an approved Jaguar body shop for them to have a look and take it from there.

Meantime over on the Jaguar forum folks don't seem too perturbed about this issue.

Here's another photo of the drivers door with the pad removed. The block of wood is holding up the window while I await the new regulator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0037.jpg (135.5 KB, 95 views)
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 17:51   #33
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Today I visited the Jaguar Approved body shop
in Glasgow. The estimator was quite surprised to see the extent of the corrosion and he agreed that the pads were the cause.
He wanted to quote for replacing all four doors but said I would be happy if the rear doors were treated and re painted.
While I was there he was looking at my fuel filler flap which sticks out. I told him this is the result of the poor workmanship from Parks Jaguar. I also told him they had fitted a new rear parking sensor and he could point out exactly which one it

I now have to submit a claim to Jaguar so wish me luck
New regulator arrived yesterday so it's now been fitted onto the car, a simple half hour job
Old 2nd March 2017, 18:00   #34
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
I've finally made contact with CRC, mind you it was quite difficult,they were supposed to call me back but I had to call them. The lady I spoke with could barely understand my accent and I had extreme difficulty in understanding hers.

Why does Jaguar not employ people who can actually understand the Queens English.

Anyway I now have to go to an approved Jaguar body shop for them to have a look and take it from there.

Meantime over on the Jaguar forum folks don't seem too perturbed about this issue.

Here's another photo of the drivers door with the pad removed. The block of wood is holding up the window while I await the new regulator.
The corrosion in that photo is shocking. Jaguar Cars, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Good to here things are moving in the right direction though Jim.
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 18:31   #35
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Thanks Jonathan.

To get this on top of the suspension MOT issue I simply cannot believe my luck and to cap it all when I was working on the car with the suspension, when torquing up the wheel nuts I forgot to remove the locking adaptor.

Speaking with Taggarts Jaguar today they tell me the key cannot be supplied on its own plus in order to get mine removed will involve a rather hefty workshop bill.

Somehow I will need to get them off as if I do have a puncture I'm snookered so to speak.

Talk about things coming in threes, well problems have come to me in four locked wheel nuts Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Old 2nd March 2017, 18:38   #36
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
Thanks Jonathan.

To get this on top of the suspension MOT issue I simply cannot believe my luck and to cap it all when I was working on the car with the suspension, when torquing up the wheel nuts I forgot to remove the locking adaptor.

Speaking with Taggarts Jaguar today they tell me the key cannot be supplied on its own plus in order to get mine removed will involve a rather hefty workshop bill.

Somehow I will need to get them off as if I do have a puncture I'm snookered so to speak.

Talk about things coming in threes, well problems have come to me in four locked wheel nuts Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
What size are wheel nuts Jim , I have Irwin type extractors up to 19 mm if you want to try
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:09   #37
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

WOW! that really is bad for a prestige mark car. I've had 30/40+ year old cars that weren't nowhere near as bad as that.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:32   #38
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
When you pay £40K for a car you expect it to last with good quality paint, rust protection and long lived mechanicals.
It is a disgrace that the £40k car is of less quality than a £10k car.
Yesterday my mate came over with his 66 plate latest model Tiguan, we both went to Glasgow to pick up some catering stuff for him and went in the Panda.
He was relaying to me the list of troubles he has had with the Tiguan, I was shocked with the problems and the attitude of the dealer. Seems no one cares any more.
Needless to say he said the Panda actually is more confortable than the VW and is far less jarring on the suspension. Well I must admit I still have the smile factor with it, no complaints yet......
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:47   #39
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Jim, this video shows the extent of the rust that was discovered on swmbo's Jag once the side skirts and under trays were removed when it was being checked for mot last december.

It's important to note - she'd had the car years, never had so much as an advisory for corrosion - I'd recommend turning the sound down, the unexpected nature of what was discovered led to some colourful language.

http://vid350.photobucket.com/albums...psgaspppxd.mp4
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:57   #40
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

That is bad, I've heard that the XTypes were prone to some corrosion but not that much.