Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th March 2024, 06:37   #31
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Just a thought is the cooling fan running all the time?
The heating system on a 260 is quite complicated, the valve is in front of the windscreen on the left hand side and can cause problems.
Do get over to the 260 Forum as there is a lot of knowledge over there.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2024, 11:23   #32
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
It’s not right, I’ve had three 260s and they all warm up quickly with the temperature needle in the correct position.

Have a check of the heater valve, these are known to fail on the 260, other than that it’s going to be a full check of the cooling system.
Good shout Trikey. Jules did a modified one (from a plumbers supply I believe) and Steve (SCP440) also provides a good pointer with the 3-speed setting issue.
Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 20th March 2024 at 11:25.. Reason: missing text
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2024, 10:46   #33
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Thanks lads, the heater valve is where? When i find it what do i look for?
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2024, 16:43   #34
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark190 View Post
Thanks lads, the heater valve is where? When i find it what do i look for?
In the plenum in front of the windscreen, remove the wiper arms and the plastic in front of the screen and its above the passengers feet. The pollen filter is in there as well.
Check to see if the actuator is moving when you select different heat settings and it has 3 pipes attached to it.
When you go from ''low'' with the engine hot the pipe that gets hot should change as you increase the temp to ''high''.
It is a bypass valve so hot water is always passing through it and selecting more heat allows some or all of the hot water to enter the heater matrix and as it gets up to the desired heat it goes back into bypassing the heater valve until more heat is needed.
The heating in mine was hit and miss and fitting one of these fixed and returned it to full health https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...alve-jge000020
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:23   #35
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
In the plenum in front of the windscreen, remove the wiper arms and the plastic in front of the screen and its above the passengers feet. The pollen filter is in there as well.
Check to see if the actuator is moving when you select different heat settings and it has 3 pipes attached to it.
When you go from ''low'' with the engine hot the pipe that gets hot should change as you increase the temp to ''high''.
It is a bypass valve so hot water is always passing through it and selecting more heat allows some or all of the hot water to enter the heater matrix and as it gets up to the desired heat it goes back into bypassing the heater valve until more heat is needed.
The heating in mine was hit and miss and fitting one of these fixed and returned it to full health https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/collections/...alve-jge000020
Ok mate thanks looks like a process of elimination again although i do hate trying to remove the wiper arms, they have a habit of not wanting to come off!
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote