Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th April 2014, 09:35   #1
DJO
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira

Smile MG ZT+ 160(v6) Le Mans Green **SOLD**

****** Car is now sold ******

MG ZT+ 160
Le Mans green metallic
2.5 Litre v6
Registered 2002, 02 plate
51632 miles (Photos taken before a trip)
Taxed until end September 2014 (tax discs no longer required from Oct 2014) MOT 18/05/2014

Standard ZT "+" specification - apart from the spare wheel. When I bought the car, it came just with a can of gunk, which was past its best before date! So I bought a new alloy to match those already on the car, and an orignal MGRover jack and tool kit, so the car has a fully functional spare wheel, currently with an unsued tyre on it. I also bought some jacking point rubbers as some were missing from the car, a couple of spares in the boot.

Only modification is replacement stereo, original with CD changer broke so switched to a single slot loader cd, found a decent Kenwood that works with the steering wheel controls.
Last serviced July 2013, major service (although it didn't need it, could have just had a basic interim one done) at local xpart centre. Its last MOT was passed with no advisories or anything.

It is in pretty good condition, a few minor paint chips as you would expect on a 12 year old car. Interior is excellent.

It is located in Haywards Heath.

Recent works done on car, had a new clutch with master and slave cylinder about 18 months ago (at the xpart centre) and its been excellent since. Around the same time I was aware of a coolant leak, the xpart centre did a full pressure test overnight and found corrosion in the top of the radiator, parts replaced with new stainless parts and problem solved. I got quite paranoid about the coolant loss, so have been watching it closely since the repairs, its all good now. Last MOT all good, no advisories.

The only three snags with the ZT are these:

1- The rear drivers side window mechanism has broken. I have purchased a replacement mechanism but I have not been able to replace it, call me a numpty but I took one look inside the door and lost all confidence! I am sure for someone with a bit more mechanical inclination it would be an easy job to replace.I even bought some more clips just in case some that hold the door card on break!

2- The car is 12 years old, and so it means this summer (July) it will need the belts doing. Now for someone who hesitates to replace a basic window mechanism I am not going to try and do the belts myself, and local garages quote quite big figures to do the work themselves. I know the parts are not expensive (I've seen set of parts including water pump for about £160), its the labour costs that can go silly.

3- The back box on the exhaust is a little rusty and is blowing a bit, not enough to even get an advisory last MOT.

So for someone who is mechanically minded, who has the time and skills (or access to someone with the skills at mates rates) the car would be perfect, with a tiny bit of work to last a good few more years. Its quite a low mileage example of a ZT and when clean looks damn fine for a 12 year old car.

I'd be looking for around £500 for this one. It will come with all its MOTs and receipts as I kept everything since I bought it. I've looked after it well and probably had it serviced "too much" for the miles I have done in it. Most of the miles in it have been done visiting family so its done a decent proportion of motorway miles, not damaging stop-start stuff. Getting rid because I can't justify having two cars and our other car is newer and just a little more practical than the MG. Will be sad to see it go but I hope someone in the club can buy it and keep the MG going for a few more years, I've seen examples in much worse condition go for much more money!

Last edited by DJO; 6th May 2014 at 18:38.. Reason: Sold the car
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 12:23   #2
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Sorry to say this but its not a Plus model
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 13:35   #3
DJO
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Sorry to say this but its not a Plus model
Tell the DVLA then, and all the insurance companies I've ever insured it with, and ASKMID (I just rechecked)!!! They always say it is a ZT+.

Also read this: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...170#post527170

What would make you say it is not a plus model?

Regards
David

Last edited by DJO; 12th April 2014 at 13:39.. Reason: Added link
Old 12th April 2014, 14:00   #4
Phil-T4

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Because the 6th character of your VIN number is an X which is Trim Level 5.1
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 16:23   #5
DJO
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Because the 6th character of your VIN number is an X which is Trim Level 5.1
How intriguing! As you say the VIN has an X in it, so whatever Trim Level 5.1 is - is what the car was allegedly built with.

However, referring to the link I posted in my previous post, it has (or had) everything listed to make it a genuine plus model, as per the V5 and everywhere on the internet you can find model specific information.

As per my original post, the car DID have a 6 CD changer, which was in the glovebox. Sadly the head unit broke and I rather wanted to have a glovebox, so I removed them both and put in a new Kenwood single CD head unit.

The only difference to ZT+ spec I can see from the link I refer to is that mine has the big rear wing thingy rather than a boot lip spoiler.

It would seem there is a genuine discrepancy between VIN and model type. No doubt what you found is accurate regarding the trim level the VIN says, but it doesn't reflect the trim level actually IN the car!

Regards
David
Old 20th April 2014, 17:39   #6
Le Mans 190

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Says its a ZT+ on the car checker I use and that's very accurate
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 11:01   #7
DJO
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira

Default Bump!

Just a Bump!

D
Old 6th May 2014, 18:35   #8
DJO
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira

Car is now sold. All the best to the new owner, hope you have many years and miles happy motoring!