Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th May 2017, 07:07   #21
JORDING

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post
Sorry I was on my phone at work and didn't see the sunroof. Also its an se which the launch cars were not.The colour is not right for it( the colour is lovely and suits the car but is not Wedgwood blue). Sorry for any confusion

The car was originally registered as a dealer demo (I have the sales invoice etc for when it was sold in early 2000 to the private owner) and I just assumed with it being quite early, being a demo and having such a high spec it would be a launch spec car. Only the database says it's an SE and is correct I'd say as it has all the correct bits for an SE, the V5 just says it's a Connie though.
JORDING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 08:12   #22
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDING View Post
The car was originally registered as a dealer demo ...
Hi Jordan and thanks for coming back to us. Yes, I imagine that dealers were free to use whatever car or cars they wished as a demo, including yours. According to what we understand, the dealer concerned would have been allocated a Wedgwood blue launch car anyway.

Although the official launch cars were Connoisseur specification with optional extras fitted, you will find that many (if not all) of them did not have the SE features such as reversing sensors, automatic dipping rear view mirror and rain-sensitive wipers. They didn't have electric folding door mirrors either. So your SE is most likely to be better specified than an official Wedgwood blue dealer launch car!

Anyway, what does it matter? You have a lovely Cowley car which I am sure will give you and your passengers much pleasure.

All the best,

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 13th May 2017 at 10:08.. Reason: Spelling
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 09:47   #23
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas 75 connie View Post
Sorry I was on my phone at work and didn't see the sunroof. Also its an se which the launch cars were not.The colour is not right for it( the colour is lovely and suits the car but is not Wedgwood blue). Sorry for any confusion
But silver and red launch cars have been documented before, I'm sure I've read it on this forum
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 10:20   #24
SD1too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
But silver and red launch cars have been documented before, I'm sure I've read it on this forum
Hi Colin,

We know that other colours passed down the production line mixed in with the Wedgwood blue 'dealer launch' cars. These might therefore be referred to as 'launch' cars because they were produced in early 1999 in readiness for that event, but they are not the same as the batch of Wedgwood blue 'dealer launch' cars which all left the factory with the same enhanced Connoisseur specification and the same interior.

Simon
Old 13th May 2017, 11:56   #25
JORDING

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hi Colin,

We know that other colours passed down the production line mixed in with the Wedgwood blue 'dealer launch' cars. These might therefore be referred to as 'launch' cars because they were produced in early 1999 in readiness for that event, but they are not the same as the batch of Wedgwood blue 'dealer launch' cars which all left the factory with the same enhanced Connoisseur specification and the same interior.

Simon
So this car is a dealer factory order with a high spec and pretty early Connie SE. I'm just happy to have give an early car a new lease of life and now I have the springs sorted I'm very impressed, also owning a modem BMW I'm very impressed with the way the car handles, I was thinking it would be like a barge but it's very planted and composed and once you get the KV6 over 30000rpm it really goes well. I bought the car because of the massive spec and I'm a sucker for the personal line interiors, my favourite is the aubergine but I'll settle for Neptune! The options missing are H/K sound but I'm impressed with the standard alpine, it doesn't have power folds or auto wipers but does have the dimming rear view mirror.
Old 13th May 2017, 12:24   #26
SD1too

Hi Jordan,

Yes, it would be my guess that the original dealer specially ordered your high spec. car. It is indeed great news that you're looking after a very early Connoisseur SE. Only one 'dealer launch' Wedgwood car was built on the same day as yours but it went to Japan so we'll never know whether it had the auto-dimming rear view mirror. All those delivered to UK dealers were made a lot earlier than yours (so the record shows).

I agree with you about the handling. Mine improved hugely following a recent 4 wheel alignment when I discovered a massive error at the rear. If yours is sluggish up to 3,000 rpm, do have a look at your balance VIS actuator and flap.

We're of the same mind about Personal Line interiors Jordan. Aubergine is my favourite too followed by Deep Sea Green but, like you, I have Neptune Blue.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 13th May 2017, 12:38   #27
JORDING

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hi Jordan,

Yes, it would be my guess that the original dealer specially ordered your high spec. car. It is indeed great news that you're looking after a very early Connoisseur SE. Only one 'dealer launch' Wedgwood car was built on the same day as yours but it went to Japan so we'll never know whether it had the auto-dimming rear view mirror. All those delivered to UK dealers were made a lot earlier than yours (so the record shows).

I agree with you about the handling. Mine improved hugely following a recent 4 wheel alignment when I discovered a massive error at the rear. If yours is sluggish up to 3,000 rpm, do have a look at your balance VIS actuator and flap.

We're of the same mind about Personal Line interiors Jordan. Aubergine is my favourite too followed by Deep Sea Green but, like you, I have Neptune Blue.

Cheers,

Simon
Hi Simon,

I think I'm just used to modern turbo charged engines, it picks up fine, you can just feel a real difference once you kick down it gives great pull over 3500rpm and you see 70 in no time.