Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd May 2017, 18:25   #11
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Hiya, I don't think this applies to me as mine is auto? I just went out and drenched the scuttle area with the hose - checked inside, nothing seemed to have got any wetter. next I directed it at the top, then sides of the screen, and also the top windscreen end of the roof rails - again, nothing seems any wetter, and I saw no drips or runs...

So, all I think I can do now is monitor it? There is obviously still some trapped and leaking through a bit because of what I found on the boot release, but if it doesn't rain, surely this can only last so long?

Then when it does rain, if it starts again, I've missed something? I just also rechecked that the passenger side plenum tube is intact, and it is - in fact it was partially blocked again! How i don't know, there are no trees here. Must be crud from somewhere in the chamber floating down.

So I guess now its a waiting game.

Sorry did not know you had an Auto

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:30   #12
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I hosed it over - nothing. Came out this morning, and I swear the car is wetter than before. I just don't know if this is residual water that was trapped somewhere seeping out, or water that has fed down from me hosing it off. Towels back in under the carpet yet again.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 07:48   #13
Vintage67

Rover 75

Hi Dawn I have had this before, turned out to be the sunroof drain pipe blocked and backed up to the point where the pipe goes through the bulkhead. Had water dripping down over bonnet release too. If you have a sunroof on yours, look for a pipe to the right of the accelerator pedal, then cover area under it with a towel, now pull pipe out. I had a LOT of water pour out of mine at this point! I then used a length of that flexible curtain rail stuff to gently push through hole. Mine was solid with years of gunk. Hope that helps.
Vintage67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 08:13   #14
cat
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default condensation?

Hi Dawn,

I think this water maybe condensation coming from your sodden carpets, collecting on a cooler part of the car, with the hot weather in the day and then cooling at night. Also I found cheap bedmates(for bedwetting)were better than towels when my carpet got wet because they hold onto the water
cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 08:29   #15
tony062622
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira Auto

Hi Dawn l have same problem now and again,posted on here a couple months back but got no answer. Mines is a cdti saloon no sun roof plenums all dry rodded regular,funny thing is when got car plenum had been flooded and ecu had slight water ingress but at that time l had no visible signs of water on or around boot lid button (mine face lift) its not every time it rains either.l will take on board the comments here and certainly check both seal around clutch pipe and in wheel arch liners.
Completed, Pcv filter,viton rings,rear,springs,discs,pads,shoes & shocks.Plenum guard,alternator.Headlamp refurb.rear exhaust.all filters alternator & belts,o/s control arm,windows /mirror controls sorted.2 door cards realigned.rear bulb holder, Wipers,Revotec fan condenser,silicon hoses.Lower rear engine mount
Tony

Last edited by tony062622; 28th May 2017 at 08:32..
tony062622 is offline   Reply With Quote