Notices

Old 23rd May 2017, 22:03   #21
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
May won't be prime minister much longer.
Er, is there a choice?
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 07:19   #22
mbev51
Banned

Removed

There is always a choice. If May gets about the same number of seats, or just a couple more, I would think she's on borrowed time. People might just think a little about what they are voting for this time. We shall see.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 09:36   #23
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony062622 View Post
When I moved into my present house March last year, the next door neighbour introduced himself, and then in practically the next sentence bragged to me that he,s 58 and only worked officially 12 months in his life due to a "bad back" That doesnt stop him charging for digging over/cutting the grass etc and offering handyman services for money around the area.Why do these people get away with it especially when you hear of genuine people struggling as dont know how to play the system.

What has happened to working for a living? Winge over
We have a father and his grown up adult son just like that. The son even set up a handyman business, advertising on social media. Trouble was, he was far to work shy for it to have any chance of succeeding. He just wanted to earn a few extra bob, below the radar.

What has happened is - they have made it far too easy to not work and just claim, for those in the know. Those not in the know, the genuine ones, often struggle to get what they are entitled to.

Those who are fit and well ought to be made to work, even sweeping the streets for a pittance. There should be no stay at home option, even if they are better off financially at home.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 13:16   #24
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Only time will tell. I think she's in danger of not getting the mandate she's asked for. She'll win but it could be seen as a failure if she doesn't increase her number of seats by much.
I am pretty certain she will increase her majority which will be a benefit to her and her team - but it really is about re setting the 5 year clock. With everyone achnowledging that the Brexit negotiations will take more than two years - is it wise that our PM has to run an election campaign for a general election whilst the i's are still not dotted and the t's not crossed on Brexit negotiations?

No - May wants a five year window starting now, just after Article 50 has been invoked.

I suspect the size of the majority she achieves is pretty much inconsequential. I doubt she will achieve a smaller majority - but the actual size of it is not that important.

(Funny .... heard myself saying that before .)
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 14:59   #25
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony062622 View Post
I totally agree Harry, I,m 69 later this year have worked all my life in engineering and still am. I worked abroad for a lot of years made great money, worked hard and played hard.By played hard I mean, as my wife then was quite ill two types of cancer before she was 27 given 24 hours at one time,I took the decision to live for today so she saw a bit of the world before she sadly passed away at 48.
Since then I have continued to work to supplement my pensions.
It does make my blood boil when I see so many living the life of reilly having played the system.When I moved into my present house March last year, the next door neighbour introduced himself, and then in practically the next sentence bragged to me that he,s 58 and only worked officially 12 months in his life due to a "bad back" That doesnt stop him charging for digging over/cutting the grass etc and offering handyman services for money around the area.Why do these people get away with it especially when you hear of genuine people struggling as dont know how to play the system.
A colleague of mine, told me a story from his wife who works in benefit office that she used to watch women outside the office prior to appointments,gouging there children on drinks and then when the kids play up say they have various ailments , eg ADHD, etc. to claim more benefits.

What has happened to working for a living? Winge over
they get away with it cos nobody shops them

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 18:45   #26
tony062622
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
they get away with it cos nobody shops them

macafee2

They say you dont have to give your name ,but they will ask for it,along with, if you read website regarding "reporting someone" for photographic evidence, details , times and dates,They are not interested, an old friend of mine left engineering due to arthritis and got a 12 month contact in DSS during the Blair era.His job was to investigating fraud cases eg couple living together claiming they were single. One of the tricks was phone up early morning see if the "other half" answered the phone.But he and others in the department got so ****ed off after putting reports in for investigation and being told no further action taken.What is the point.
Completed, Pcv filter,viton rings,rear,springs,discs,pads,shoes & shocks.Plenum guard,alternator.Headlamp refurb.rear exhaust.all filters alternator & belts,o/s control arm,windows /mirror controls sorted.2 door cards realigned.rear bulb holder, Wipers,Revotec fan condenser,silicon hoses.Lower rear engine mount
Tony
tony062622 is offline   Reply With Quote