Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th May 2017, 18:48   #11
philm
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRuss View Post
I said it that many times I'm getting sick of saying it.

I have tested every possible aftermarket maf sensor for our cars and there is not one that runs within the spec of the original Bosch maf for our cars

I don't sell parts I've no connection to those who do. It's your car, your choice but if you want your car to run correctly fit the correct Bosch one

Russ
Without being RUDE if people were to bother reading the post correctly,as said had read several posts with the majority of people recommending oem parts,
The question was had anyone had any luck with finding a good aftermarket unit.
philm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 20:44   #12
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philm View Post
Without being RUDE if people were to bother reading the post correctly,as said had read several posts with the majority of people recommending oem parts,
The question was had anyone had any luck with finding a good aftermarket unit.
I would think that because no one has replied to finding an effective aftermarket replacement rather answers your question..

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 07:09   #13
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

The question is has anybody had any joy with an aftermarket sensor either complete unit or just a replacement?
No
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 08:31   #14
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

The OP asked the question and then tabled his position by stating that the majority of the aftermarket MAFs will be good.

So there wasn't actually a question to answer, just an opportunity for others to state their views if they so chose.

Just feel like being pedantic.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 09:13   #15
philm
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
The OP asked the question and then tabled his position by stating that the majority of the aftermarket MAFs will be good.

So there wasn't actually a question to answer, just an opportunity for others to state their views if they so chose.

Just feel like being pedantic.
I did say that the majority of aftermarket PRODUCTS not specifically MAF,s are OK.
The actual question was has anyone had any joy with an aftermarket sensor.
People certainly need to learn to read properly
Old 21st May 2017, 09:20   #16
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
I did say that the majority of aftermarket PRODUCTS not specifically MAF,s are OK.
The actual question was has anyone had any joy with an aftermarket sensor.
People certainly need to learn to read properly
In my experience, the majority of aftermarket products used to be OK. This was in the days of QH, Lucas, Unipart...manufacturing or commissioning the products.

It has all changed with unbranded or multi-branded far-eastern products fro China. These days, only aftermarket products from the manufacturers that produce OEM (for the same or other manufacturers) can be trusted e.g. TRW, Deplhi, Bosch,....
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 09:47   #17
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Seen all the posts with people saying only replace with genuine parts so not interested in any comments regarding that.
The problem is there are a lot of fakes on the market and a lot of MAF's sold as suitable for the 75, which are not and many which have simply had the number on the unit changed. The 75's MAF was once upon a time a very expensive unit to replace, so it was worth while for them to do this.

Any of the above will be worse than no MAF connected at all.

The MAFshop in Germany is a known good source, but an item sold for a BMW used a MAF identical to ours, but fitted into the wrong type of air pipe - which was much cheaper than our version. Swap that MAF into your original Rover air pipe and you can save a lot of money, but you lose the guarantee. I documented it below...

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 11:18   #18
philm
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The problem is there are a lot of fakes on the market and a lot of MAF's sold as suitable for the 75, which are not and many which have simply had the number on the unit changed. The 75's MAF was once upon a time a very expensive unit to replace, so it was worth while for them to do this.

Any of the above will be worse than no MAF connected at all.

The MAFshop in Germany is a known good source, but an item sold for a BMW used a MAF identical to ours, but fitted into the wrong type of air pipe - which was much cheaper than our version. Swap that MAF into your original Rover air pipe and you can save a lot of money, but you lose the guarantee. I documented it below...

Did read your,e post on this subject Harry before my initial post,
Was hoping that someone may have been fortunate enough in finding a suitable replacement.
Old 21st May 2017, 12:27   #19
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Hmm, I tried to answer your question in post #2.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 12:58   #20
philm
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh007 View Post
Hmm, I tried to answer your question in post #2.
Yes thanks for the info mine has been unplugged since had the car since january.

Out of all the cars/members surprised nobody has had any joy,at the end of the day even genuine parts are not infallible and can fail within a few months.