Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd May 2017, 18:44   #31
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Hang on - I remember a time when a courtesy car was a luxury, not something that was expected. On that basis, I'd be pretty certain that you are not forced to have one (hence saving maybe £1000) and just get a lift into work from a friend, or catch the bus for a few days ?

I know if this car had been mine, and the decision to have it repaired or written off hung on a weeks use of a Micra, I'd be cycling everywhere for a few days and getting it back on the road to use for years to come
To be perfectly honest if this vehicle had been mine obviously I would've repaired it myself, however if I didn't have the facilities or equipment or knowledge, what I would've done is take it to a body shop and ask them how much it would cost to repair,
I certainly would have suggested to the other party that this vehicle could be repaired very cost-effectively without an insurance claim and given them the option, as they would have known the influence this claim would have on future premiums for themselves, thus putting them in a better situation and preventing a total loss claim.
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 21:13   #32
Roverguest
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Forgot to add I think this car also has Powerflex lower arm rear bushes, new PPD jacking rubbers and plenum spyhole mod which the previous owner from Coventry done- an enthusiast for sure
Roverguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 08:24   #33
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverguest View Post
Forgot to add I think this car also has Powerflex lower arm rear bushes, new PPD jacking rubbers and plenum spyhole mod which the previous owner from Coventry done- an enthusiast for sure
Is your enthusiast friend not a member on here then ? (which I'm assuming he/she isn't, as you are doing all the posting about the car, Roverguest ?)

I'm almost getting the feeling you're doing a sales pitch... )

As an enthusiast, do you know why they allowed it to be get written off for what appears to be such minimal damage, on such an apparently lovely example ?
Old 24th May 2017, 09:29   #34
Mickyboy

Is it your car roverguest ??? I.e. Is this car a private entry into the salvage auction, for example written off and kept car then entered it into the auction, that might make sense now it's on minimal bid when nearly every car I but never starts on minimal bid or fly's up so quick, might also explain the sales pitch.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

[/SIZE]
Old 24th May 2017, 12:47   #35
Roverguest
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Is your enthusiast friend not a member on here then ? (which I'm assuming he/she isn't, as you are doing all the posting about the car, Roverguest ?)

I'm almost getting the feeling you're doing a sales pitch... )

As an enthusiast, do you know why they allowed it to be get written off for what appears to be such minimal damage, on such an apparently lovely example ?
He's a bit of a technophobe so for example I found the car on Autotrader for him, sourced the MG7 rear lights etc all online.

I'm just hoping someone saves it as genuinely gutted about it even though it's not mine. A lovely rare spec car, and this is his 3rd (!) to be written off.

I personally have a MG ZR and Metro GTi but often umm and ahh over ZTs lol

We tried hard to prove the value of this example to encourage them to repair it but they just say the quotes were too much. He was paid out £2600.

As regards to damage, I never actually saw the car damaged but from ehat I was told and what can be seen in the photos, the boot no longer closes properly but I'm not familar with the rear end of these cars or their construction to say what may need replacing.

Last edited by Roverguest; 24th May 2017 at 12:57..
Roverguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 17:41   #36
confronted
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverguest View Post
Hi Gents

Just posting my colleague's 75 on here which is in the hands of Copart after being rear ended by a young lady not concentrating in her Mini Cooper.

"2007" (2004) Connie SE 2.5 V6

Premium bumper factory option fitted

MG7 rear lights

Newly refurbished alloys

Mint interior

Low mileage

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/29699587

Hope someone can give it a good home or at least liberate the rare parts
Sold for £825 plus commision.
confronted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 18:06   #37
oldcarguy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

It will no doubt be on Autotrader in a couple of weeks for £2500 or more.
oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 18:45   #38
Mickyboy

£825 + Buyers fee £78 + Internet Convenience Fee £7.50 + loading fee £15 + VAT + MASSIVE OVERSIZED MEGA HUGE LARGE OVER THE TOP SILLY TIE STRAP free......

Mick

[/SIZE]
Old 25th May 2017, 21:22   #39
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
£825 + Buyers fee £78 + Internet Convenience Fee £7.50 + loading fee £15 + VAT + MASSIVE OVERSIZED MEGA HUGE LARGE OVER THE TOP SILLY TIE STRAP free......

Mick