Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th September 2014, 15:04   #1
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Default With regret : 2000 Rover 75 Classic SE : £950 **SOLD**

Looks like I'm going to be having a massive change in circumstances, and I just can't afford to keep the car. An absolute shame, but that's life.

The car is well documented here on the forums, and has been maintained when needed by Trikey. Bought unseen from eBay almost a year ago, I have been working towards restoring it to how it should be and it's almost there. It's a really lovely vehicle.

Good stuff:[*]74,000 miles. It's just done a roadtrip of 2500 miles through France and the car hasn't missed a beat. [*]Silky smooth 2.0v6 engine is in absolutely rude health[*]Interior is in very very nice, clean, original condition[*]MOTd - until 27th December[*]Taxed - Until 1st January[*]No fluid leaks[*]No water ingress into the car

Work that has been done:
Cambelts were done at 49k miles. I have no documentation for this other than a scribble in the service book and it has been written in Tipex(?) under the bonnet. By my reckoning by working the mileage out from the old MOTs (available online) they will need doing in 2015 (6 years).[*]New Clutch. Again I don't have any paperwork, but I was assured by previous owner that the clutch had been done along with master and slave cylinders. He had a good old moan about the cost, so I've no reason to believe he wasn't genuine. The clutch feels lovely, not too light or too heavy, and bites right in the middle.

I had an all new rear brake setup at the back including: Discs, Pads and handbrake shoes. Receipts available for the parts from ECP & receipt for the labour from Trikey.[*]I had the thermostat and associated pipework replaced. Full receipt from Trikey who did the work and supplied the parts.

I have fitted new rear light seals (available from Jezzer - precautionary only - there had been no water ingress)[*]Front offside bottom arm was replaced for the MOT. Receipt for the work from Kwikfit.

Four wheel laser alignment done by Kwikfit - see above.

Both from droplinks were replaced in February. One of those then failed last month, which was rectified under warranty. Receipt available from Tyremen Hull

New middle exhaust section fitted and exhaust realigned. Receipt available from Tyremen Hull

Last service was carried out by National Autocentres (oil & filter) 4000 miles ago. I replaced air filter / fuel filter. Spark plugs have not been changed.

Aircon re-gass just before I went to France. Receipt available as well as ice cold aircon to evidence![*]Just had some minor repairs carried out to the NSF alloy wheel as some light corrosion was causing one tyre to lose pressure. Sorted on Monday just gone by the Tyremen. Receipt available.

Bits that could do with improvement:

Front top mounts. Still got a slight rattle from the front (both sides of suspension) when going over light bumps. Had suspension inspected by Tyremen and Trikey - both are sure it is the top mounts. Everything else is in fine working order.

Current MOT has one advisory for front brake pipes being slightly corroded. Spoke to the tester who wasn't worried about them in the least - but obviously he had to put it on the sheet. Probably worth doing before next MOT!

As far as I know (and I'm not a mechanic!) there is NOTHING else that will require work on this vehicle. It is running very very nicely indeed.

The car will come with connoisseur chrome bullet mirrors (originals are available and will be in the boot of the car), I've just fitted front fog lights (inc interior switch - all working) & I will include a FULL spare set of crown alloy wheels with two decent tyres and two 'okish' tyres.

The car has a private plate on at the moment, and next week I will put the wheels in motion to have it removed and put onto a retention certificate. In the mean time the car is available IMMEDIATELY but there will be a signed agreement to note that you are not buying the private plate, which belongs to me, and I will send the relevant documents off to the DVLA when I send the V5 change of owner in. I have the original number plates for the car that you can have (X reg) & the physical plates on the car will be yours to dispose of when the relevant paperwork comes through.

Here's some pictures of the car:

I'm looking for £995 which includes all the extra bits detailed above. Tax will be left on. Car is ready to go. Located near Hull.

Last edited by Sebastienclement; 11th September 2014 at 15:06..
Sebastienclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 15:04   #2
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Forgot to mention! Very good tyres on the back, and on the front it's got two brand new Michelin Energy Savers.
Old 11th September 2014, 15:10   #3
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Sorry to hear this Tim, a lovely car I was looking forward to seeing in the flesh. Good luck with the sale.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 15:37   #4
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snetty View Post
Sorry to hear this Tim, a lovely car I was looking forward to seeing in the flesh. Good luck with the sale.
I tell you what - if you're not sorted yet you might as well have those crowns! I'll get photos now - if you're still interested? I know I've messed you about all over the place with this
Old 11th September 2014, 15:58   #5
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastienclement View Post
I tell you what - if you're not sorted yet you might as well have those crowns! I'll get photos now - if you're still interested? I know I've messed you about all over the place with this
Yes Im still interested ,
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 18:51   #6
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

What!!!

I can't believe you are selling this beauty, If anyone is interested, please feel free to drop me a PM I have had the pleasure of working on this car, it is worth much more than the asking price.
Old 11th September 2014, 18:55   #7
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
What!!!

I can't believe you are selling this beauty, If anyone is interested, please feel free to drop me a PM I have had the pleasure of working on this car, it is worth much more than the asking price.
It's a decision I really really really didn't want to come to - Life, unfortunately, has got the better of this one.
Old 11th September 2014, 23:00   #8
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Thats a real shame, I've followd the readers car thread on PH since you bought it.Good luck with the sale.
Old 14th September 2014, 12:12   #9
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Spare set of crown wheels now sold seperately so price of car amended to £950.00
Old 14th September 2014, 12:15   #10
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastienclement View Post
Spare set of crown wheels now sold seperately so price of car amended to £950.00
I've edited the thread title for you Tim.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote