Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st April 2024, 12:35   #1
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default Bip - beeeeeeeeeeeeeep parking sensor

I think we're all familiar with the continuous beep indicating a fault when reversing, but I am now getting a short BIP then long BEEEEEEEEEEEEp. Exchaustive research of this forum cannot match this hitherto unknown sound so on the basis that BEEPs are all there to tell us something, anyone any ideas please?

I have changed and checked the under bumper loom and sprayed contact cleaner everywhere in sight.

I should add a bit more perplexity, sometimes it works perfectly - but then again it doesn't. How is it an intermittent fault? (It's my Tourer with the ECU parking aid and speaker in the boot).
Old 21st April 2024, 16:12   #2
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Did one last week same fault was corrosion in wires behind bumper where the single wire splits into 4
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 09:18   #3
billh
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

The copper wires oxidise due to corrosion and cause high resistance at the connection blocks. This confuses the system. The wiring loom needs to be replaced, no amount of connector cleaning will fix it. If you perform an autopsy on the cables you will find the copper wires to be black for a long way inside the pvc insulation. The Tourer loom is longer than the saloon but the latter can be re-routed and will work ok, with a bit of a fiddle.
billh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:03   #4
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by billh View Post
The copper wires oxidise due to corrosion and cause high resistance at the connection blocks. This confuses the system. The wiring loom needs to be replaced, no amount of connector cleaning will fix it. If you perform an autopsy on the cables you will find the copper wires to be black for a long way inside the pvc insulation. The Tourer loom is longer than the saloon but the latter can be re-routed and will work ok, with a bit of a fiddle.

I'm grateful for that. I did buy a saloon loom off eBay as it was the only one I could find but found it was a bit of a stretch, but still didn't work, so I replaced the original. BUT started this morning and it worked. Drove 5 miles, and it wouldn't. The same short BIP then continuous BEEEEEEEEEEp. So how can it be intermittent?