Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st September 2015, 15:12   #1
milford man
Gets stuck in

Jaguar XE Prestige

Default TomTom Results

Ok, after my initial success of installing TomTom I though this morning I would give it a try. I had a little journey to do. I knew the way but wanted to test TomTom out. Set the route up and started on my way. Well less than a mile and the screen said I had used up my free 50 miles and needed to upgrade. Good job I did not need it. What a con, this is the first time I have used it.

Obviously this is not a Navall 3 problem but TomTom's. Its £14.99 for the year but I would like to try it before I shell out as I might still prefer Primo. The screen did look good for the 3/4 mile I did.

Regards John

Edit.

Think I have sussed it. The flaw is because its the first of the month today the TomTom app needed to connect to the internet but I did not have my phone so no connection. Its connected now and I have 50 miles again.

Just a good job I wasn't relying on it. Looks like it is only truly off-line navigation if you have paid the for it.

Last edited by milford man; 3rd September 2015 at 08:07..
milford man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:49   #2
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

Hello, I would like TomTom on my Navall2 h/u, how do you buy it?. Also is it on a sd card, if it is a download I don't have a clue how to put it onto the card Thanks, John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:25   #3
milford man
Gets stuck in

Jaguar XE Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Hello, I would like TomTom on my Navall2 h/u, how do you buy it?. Also is it on a sd card, if it is a download I don't have a clue how to put it onto the card Thanks, John.
Hi, you get it through Google Play. Search TomTom Navigation. Its free to install but you are limited to 50 miles a month but you can upgrade for one year or three years unlimited mileage. Once installed there is an upgrade soft key if you want the unlimited version. Is doesn't install on the SD card but internally.

Regards John
Old 5th September 2015, 09:32   #4
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

Thanks for the info, my trouble is I can't get my Samsung phone to connect to the h/u. If I do get it to work, will it work offline?. John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 10:02   #5
milford man
Gets stuck in

Jaguar XE Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Thanks for the info, my trouble is I can't get my Samsung phone to connect to the h/u. If I do get it to work, will it work offline?. John.
It definitely works off line if you upgrade to the paid version. You get 50 free miles a month with the free version. I had an issue with the free version. I hadn't used any of the 50 miles but it wanted to connect to their website to check and because I didn't have my phone it couldn't. The result was I could not use it until I connected my phone.

I have since paid for it. I like it. Searching for a destination is easy. I was away last week and needed to go to a Morrison's. I typed in 'Morrison's' and it started listing them with the nearest first. Well impressed.

Regards John
Old 7th September 2015, 20:11   #6
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by milford man View Post
It definitely works off line if you upgrade to the paid version. You get 50 free miles a month with the free version. I had an issue with the free version. I hadn't used any of the 50 miles but it wanted to connect to their website to check and because I didn't have my phone it couldn't. The result was I could not use it until I connected my phone.

I have since paid for it. I like it. Searching for a destination is easy. I was away last week and needed to go to a Morrison's. I typed in 'Morrison's' and it started listing them with the nearest first. Well impressed.

Regards John
What you pay per month does that include HD traffic or is this extra

Last edited by aircub; 7th September 2015 at 20:14..
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote