Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th March 2010, 12:19   #1
stevie
Regular poster

MG ZT CDTi 135+

Default Desperately need help/ advice

As some of you may know i have just put my ZT CDTi into a garage to have a water leak fixed. Its come to light that the part is a plasticpipe that costs six quid that comes from the front of the water pump. Problem is the part is on back order from John Grose and could take weeks to come. Is there anywhere i could try to get this part? I have only just bought the car, got it home, and its straight in the garage with a **** leak. Now i may not see it again for weeks.
I dont know exactly what the part is called but its a black plastic pipe thats situated on or in front of the water pump. AND I NEED ONE NOW
stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 12:26   #2
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
As some of you may know i have just put my ZT CDTi into a garage to have a water leak fixed. Its come to light that the part is a plasticpipe that costs six quid that comes from the front of the water pump. Problem is the part is on back order from John Grose and could take weeks to come. Is there anywhere i could try to get this part? I have only just bought the car, got it home, and its straight in the garage with a **** leak. Now i may not see it again for weeks.
I dont know exactly what the part is called but its a black plastic pipe thats situated on or in front of the water pump. AND I NEED ONE NOW
If it's off the pump, there is a good chance your local BMW dealer should be able to help, as the engine is a BMW unit. If it's attached to the body, it'll be more likely that it's an MGR only part.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 12:58   #3
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

If it's the elbow part no. PEQ100871, X-Part are showing 5 dealers with one in stock.
http://www.mgroverpartfinder.com/Dis...71%26browse%3d
raykay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 17:48   #4
stevie
Regular poster

MG ZT CDTi 135+

You guys are brilliant
Many thanks. I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:21   #5
stevie
Regular poster

MG ZT CDTi 135+

The part finally arrived and its the wrong one. Im sick to the back teeth of this car already, ive owned and driven it for 1 day and its spent all the rest of thge time in the garage rendered useless for a part that doesnt exist in the country. As soon as its up and running, im selling it AAAAARRRRGVGGGHHHHH
Old 30th March 2010, 15:43   #6
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Surely your garage can give you the part number? With that we can help source the correct part, new or used. Either that or a picture of the offending article.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 18:24   #7
stevie
Regular poster

MG ZT CDTi 135+

Apparently the garage dont know the part number, Ive been on the phone to them all afternoon. After many lengthy discussions between the garage and myself i have finally found the part they need. They described it as a plastic pipe that comes off the water pump and connects to a hose and a metal pipe. How can a garage not recognise a ****** thermostat housing?????????????????? I am absolutely furious. They told me the part i needed was a six quid pipe that they had to get from john grose. It was unavailable and could take weeks or months to come. I found the offending part thanks to raykay, then i took it to the garage. They told me it was the wrong part and the mechanic "couldnt get it to fit"....!!! I doubt he bleedin well could!!! So after all afternoon on the phone it resulted as the thermostat housing. I got the part from john grose for a very reasonable £30. I now have to take it to the garage tomorrow to be fixed. I am fuming because...
1. The part they ordered and could take weeks or even months to come was the wrong part. Meaning if i had waited for them to get the part the car would still not have been fixed.
2. A trained mechanic cant recognise a thermostat housing so how can i be sure he'll fit it correctly?
3. If they had ordered the correct part it would have been fixed the same day.
4. I have NEVER had a car at a garage where i have had to source the part and do a 17 mile round trip to deliver the f*****g part
I shall be having words with the manager tomorrow. I'll wait until the part is on the car first, im afraid that if i say anything before its fitted the mechanics will treat the car like sh*t and rag it round the streets.
This is the first time i have used this garage, and oinly because my usual garage was booked solid for over two weeks. Being a water leak i had to get it done sooner rather than later and this place was recommended to me. I will never have anything to do with the place again.

Last edited by stevie; 30th March 2010 at 18:26..
Old 30th March 2010, 21:38   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
Apparently the garage dont know the part number, Ive been on the phone to them all afternoon. After many lengthy discussions between the garage and myself i have finally found the part they need. They described it as a plastic pipe that comes off the water pump and connects to a hose and a metal pipe. How can a garage not recognise a ****** thermostat housing?????????????????? I am absolutely furious. They told me the part i needed was a six quid pipe that they had to get from john grose. It was unavailable and could take weeks or months to come. I found the offending part thanks to raykay, then i took it to the garage. They told me it was the wrong part and the mechanic "couldnt get it to fit"....!!! I doubt he bleedin well could!!! So after all afternoon on the phone it resulted as the thermostat housing. I got the part from john grose for a very reasonable £30. I now have to take it to the garage tomorrow to be fixed. I am fuming because...
1. The part they ordered and could take weeks or even months to come was the wrong part. Meaning if i had waited for them to get the part the car would still not have been fixed.
2. A trained mechanic cant recognise a thermostat housing so how can i be sure he'll fit it correctly?
3. If they had ordered the correct part it would have been fixed the same day.
4. I have NEVER had a car at a garage where i have had to source the part and do a 17 mile round trip to deliver the f*****g part
I shall be having words with the manager tomorrow. I'll wait until the part is on the car first, im afraid that if i say anything before its fitted the mechanics will treat the car like sh*t and rag it round the streets.
This is the first time i have used this garage, and oinly because my usual garage was booked solid for over two weeks. Being a water leak i had to get it done sooner rather than later and this place was recommended to me. I will never have anything to do with the place again.
can you give us a hint which garage it is?
may come in handy in the future.
Old 4th April 2010, 22:29   #9
Andtan

MG ZT 1.8t Firefrost Red 2004 Facelift

Your lucky, I bought a car and 28 days later it over heated, I got it to a National Garage where the mechanic tells me its the water pump, 4 hrs later i get a phone call sorry its not the water pump its the head gasket, next day I get a call you need a new engine as the liners have dropped, and a quote of £2900 to fix it....another mechanic charging top rates that does not know his a*** from his elbow... LOL
Andtan is offline   Reply With Quote