Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2024, 08:41   #41
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Sorry to hear about the detached retina Jennifer.
Something I suffered from few years back. Watching the anaesthetist coming at me with the needle was the worst part

Do as instructed, take things easy. Do you know where the detachement was located? Mine was in the upper right quadrant of my right eye (shadow was on the right side of my nose ). I assume the have filled your eye with gas which your body will absorb/replace with fluid over a period of about 4 weeks. As this happens you will see a 'tide' line appear in the eye at the boundary of the fluid/gas. This will slowly move upwards in your vision, though it's actually going downwards in the eye. You should have normal' vision below the line as it moves up. (The gas will be above the fluid in the eye, but because of the way the eye/brain work together you will 'see' it in reverse)

Fingers crossed for you, I had to have a second opp as the first failed when a second tear occured near the first repair. I had silicone oil that time, all mended now.

There is a high probability you will need another opp as cataracts are a common side effect of the anaesthetic, I had this.
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2024, 09:16   #42
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Retina

Hi Stephen,
A bit off car subject, I know, but thanks for your post. I actually had a detached retina in my other eye 2 years ago but this one was on top of 3 tears I had in the retina of this eye only 2 months ago. This was different to the first one I had. It was a shadow on top of eye, the tears were treated with laser. My surgeon who did them said this was in a different area. The last detach op they used air to fill the gap but gas was used for this one. They said would take 3 months to dissipate. I already had cataract surgery and both lenses were replaced following the first detachment. Then in Dec had lasar to clear furring in the lenses. Then came the tears 2 weeks later and now this. Just unreal. I hope it will be OK, but won't know for another week.
Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 09:30   #43
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I had Menieres some years ago and lost my HGV license. They put me on a restricted driving license but strangely, I thought, still allowed me to ride motorcycles! (which I stopped doing for obvious reasons!). I still have tinitus but haven't had any more episodes, so have my full license (less HGV, which I no longer need anyway!). Stay brave and good luck.
Old 26th April 2024, 18:18   #44
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I had Menieres some years ago and lost my HGV license. They put me on a restricted driving license but strangely, I thought, still allowed me to ride motorcycles! (which I stopped doing for obvious reasons!). I still have tinitus but haven't had any more episodes, so have my full license (less HGV, which I no longer need anyway!). Stay brave and good luck.
I have Tinitus all the time now, and i get episodes, still but there's longer between them, often 3-4 weeks, then i will have a couple, often in the same week, then nothing, for the next 3-4 weeks, the worse thing is i either get a fuzzy head in which case i know i have to get home, lay down, and it goes with in 2 hours, but i also get full blown attacks without any warning, and then I'm unable to function, for 5 hours, all i can do is to stagger home, and wait for it to pass, I only drive locally, because of that, I can't risk even thinking about driving anywhere except locally, because i would be risking my self, and everyone else, I do have my appointment now in June, with the ENT at my hospital hopefully then, i can get to the bottom of it,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2024, 19:29   #45
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Bad news

Hi Martin, so sorry to hear this. I have had tinnitus for nearly 30 years now but it affects some people worse than others. My sister has it so badly it has affected her hearing and can't hear speech if any background noise. Recently she had vertigo, I wonder if it is connected. I do hope this gets sorted so you can drive properly.

With best wishes,

Jennifer
Old 26th April 2024, 20:45   #46
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I've had a perforated eardrum (from infection) in my right ear for around thirty years now with associated Tinnitus in that ear, thankfully fairly mild. I was down for a Tympanoplasty but backed out when l was given the possible side effects list. Hearing in that ear is down around 75% l would say but it doesn't cause me issues.
My HGV licence renewal is being delayed by the new pills l'm taking for my Type 2 diabetes & I have to now be testing my own blood on a daily basis. I'm still driving lorries on a section 88 & hopefully l'll get it back soon.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2024, 22:59   #47
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I can't remember the time I didn't have tinnitus!

Too many noisy motorcycles, roadying with loud bands, playing loud bass guitar....

Ahh well...

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 27th April 2024, 06:04   #48
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

Too many noisy motorcycles, roadying with loud bands, playing loud bass guitar....

Ahh well...

Me too Andy, gets me down from time to time but I live with it

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2024, 08:54   #49
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

My sympathies Martin, I hope the problem subsides. I too have problems but of a different and less intrusive nature. Best wishes.
Old 27th April 2024, 09:00   #50
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post

Ahh well...

Thanks for that Andy, brought back events from many years ago and some wonderful times around 1958/59 in and around Runcorn. Our bass player had one, derived from an electric tea chest! My ears still ache.