Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th April 2017, 12:21   #701
Yam
Avid contributor

Jaguar XF

Yes mate.
Will pull it out this afternoon....
Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 12:40   #702
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

Nearly had this with mine after about a half hour of loud music smelled a faint overheating type smell, pulled the unit out and nothing evident but it was too hot to touch.

Been fine since I just run it at less than full whack and am at the moment running external amp wiring in
Old 7th April 2017, 12:56   #703
Yam
Avid contributor

Jaguar XF

I wasn't listening particularly loud (9) ....sound cut out, but I still have display etc...
Wondering as well...only the 3rd time I've used the CD transport... usually listen to mp3 via the rear USB.
Its kaput!!!!!
Old 7th April 2017, 13:08   #704
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Oh dear, thats not good.

My two are ok, at the moment its been 5 months now. The 3x others I have fitted to friends vehicles are also ok, no comeback as yet.

If burning smell when volume is pumped up, I would imagine this could be the amp circuit at fault, otherwise make sure to check your external wiring.

There are no fans in these units I've noticed, the casing body has the fittment for one, but non existent.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2017, 18:03   #705
Yam
Avid contributor

Jaguar XF

Checked wiring...all ok.
No sound.
Popped my single DIN JVC in and I have music again.
I'll message LITB and see where I stand...depends on how much it costs to return it I suppose.
I loved the look...but there were things that bugged me as well.
I never really took to the Sat Nav...just found it clunky compared with Waze which I returned to on my Cubot Android phone. Also, the media player bugged me that it would only play random play from a single folder...not all.
Tried getting round this by just dumping them all in one folder....various artists...and it didn't like this either. Sometimes it would play 10 seconds, or say 30 seconds and move to the next random track......tssk!!!!!
Like the interface....especially the radio, although reception not as good as my single din JVC on some stations for some reason.
Bluetooth was very good etc.
Pity...calculated risk tho, like all of us.
Old 7th April 2017, 18:08   #706
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

you get what you pays for...
Old 7th April 2017, 18:21   #707
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam View Post
Checked wiring...all ok.
No sound.
Popped my single DIN JVC in and I have music again.
I'll message LITB and see where I stand...depends on how much it costs to return it I suppose.
I loved the look...but there were things that bugged me as well.
I never really took to the Sat Nav...just found it clunky compared with Waze which I returned to on my Cubot Android phone. Also, the media player bugged me that it would only play random play from a single folder...not all.
Tried getting round this by just dumping them all in one folder....various artists...and it didn't like this either. Sometimes it would play 10 seconds, or say 30 seconds and move to the next random track......tssk!!!!!
Like the interface....especially the radio, although reception not as good as my single din JVC on some stations for some reason.
Bluetooth was very good etc.
Pity...calculated risk tho, like all of us.
It would be interesting to flip the casing apart and take a look inside (just a couple of screws). You will most probably see some burnt-out PCB tracks, look towards the rear heat-sink plate and check the capacitors for dark shading or swelling. Look for the audio output chip, should be attached to the heat-sink, check the contacts at the bottom on the board.

I repaired my old home Hitachi amplifier years ago, only needed a replacement audio chip and one capacitor and job done.

If LITB play-ball, then Bingo! if they dont, and you dont fancy the repair yourself, just list it on ebay for £25 as Spares or Repair-Not Working and you will at least get your money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Now! that is not very helpful is it?

Last edited by Dallas; 7th April 2017 at 19:05..
Old 7th April 2017, 20:52   #708
Yam
Avid contributor

Jaguar XF

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
In Most cases, I'd agree.....to be fair, I've known people pay for 'brand names' and have them go pop.
My mate bought a brand new Samsung tv recently....and it went pop after 2 weeks!!!
Old 7th April 2017, 20:56   #709
Yam
Avid contributor

Jaguar XF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
It would be interesting to flip the casing apart and take a look inside (just a couple of screws). You will most probably see some burnt-out PCB tracks, look towards the rear heat-sink plate and check the capacitors for dark shading or swelling. Look for the audio output chip, should be attached to the heat-sink, check the contacts at the bottom on the board.

I repaired my old home Hitachi amplifier years ago, only needed a replacement audio chip and one capacitor and job done.

If LITB play-ball, then Bingo! if they dont, and you dont fancy the repair yourself, just list it on ebay for £25 as Spares or Repair-Not Working and you will at least get your money back.

Now! that is not very helpful is it?
Ill wait for there response first...mine cost £80 all in!!!!
Old 7th April 2017, 21:11   #710
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam View Post
Ill wait for there response first...mine cost £80 all in!!!!
The unit will be under warranty, but I would imagine LITB will expect you to pay the return shipping cost.

How did you pay for the product, dont forget you will have protection from either your credit or debit card (less protection on debit card).

I remember you purchased a WinCE and an Android unit, are we talking about the android one?