Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd September 2015, 20:44   #1
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Tourer 2.5 V6 Auto Hi-Line

Default Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE High Line Sat Nav Auto***SOLD**

SOLD Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE High Line Sat Nav Auto - SOLD

Registration Date 21-12-2001: Off Assembly date 28-11-2001: Owned Since 28-12-2012

87,000 miles

White Gold Metallic Paint: Interior Sandstone Beige Leather – real wood dashboard - wood/leather steering wheel - wood/leather gear selector

I think you will find it hard to find many cars, even on here, that are as well specified as this car. The only things it does not have are a sunroof, traction control and Harmon-Kardon stereo (but I upgraded to BM24 unit). Had Xenon Pack and Drivers Intelligence Pack including Highline Navigation. The drive is superb and smooth (engine and gearbox work excellently, I regularly use Sport mode and it kicks down well) and the comfort level is fantastic.

Spec includes but is not limited too:
Heated seats
Cruise control
Leather covered front armrest/centre storage box (pre Project Drive change)
Multi-function steering wheel (wood and leather)
Digital climate control/air conditioning
Power assisted steering
Rear Parking sensors
Electric Memory Seats
ABS
16” Union alloy wheels
Chrome bullet wing mirrors
Wood/leather gear selector
Highline Audio and Sat-Nav
Full Highline instrumentation
Auto-dipping rear view mirror
Rain-sensitive wipers
Full drivers intelligence pack (full Highline instrumentation)
Electric Powerfold mirrors
Full sandstone leather interior in excellent condition

Additions:
BM24 Amplifier/radio unit – it does make a difference – repaired – worth at least £200 on its own
Bullets added
Chrome door finishers added
VIS motors done (Stocktake)

Car has been well-looked after by myself and previous owners. The car is in very good condition inside and out. Quite a lot of service history.

Good bits: everything works with exception of Sat-Nav that does not seem to pick up the satellites (the unit works and is undamaged). MoT until 13th January 2016. Lots of recent bills (new Bosch wipes all round August, new bonnet cables and catches in July 2015; new rear springs & AC condenser May 2015; VIS motors & 4 new tyres March 2015; exhaust in December 2014. Lots of further bills (I have spent a fortune on this car, i.e., >£700 2 years ago entire new coolant system due to leaks) but I would describe the car as very well sorted now. Work carried out by a variety of people depending where I lived but ‘Cossie Dunc’ did much of the work and I am sure will vouch for the car. Regular oil changes (last 8000 miles ago in March 2015 - this is the most miles between oil changes since I bought the car in December 2012). Does not use coolant or oil. The drive and comfort and luxury are all top notch and the interior is close to immaculate.

I have a the original service manual, a Rover 75 Manual (not the original) and some sales literature also from the era.

Bad points: I still do not think the hot air is as hot as it should be but the car has had a new thermostat (IPK show mid 90’s on motorway so all looks OK) and new matrix so perhaps I expect too much heat. Belts and water pump need doing (last done February 2008 at 38,000 miles). There is some rust starting around rear passenger side wheel arch. Headlamp wash blocked off after hitting a pheasant (no other damage). Driver and rear passenger door panels need new clips (I have some I will supply with the car).

I have some extra spares/supplies I will also include in the sale:
Set of non-working vis motors
Set of door panel clips (20 clips)
Highline head unit
x2 Standard Rover highline amplifier/radio unit
Sat-Nav disks
Spare TV tuner unit
15 or 20 litres of 5w40 synthetic oil
Haynes manual

I actually love the car and don't want to get rid of it but I am now driving 70 miles each day for work (I was not when I got it) and the fuel consumption, even on the motorway, is just not competitive enough against a good modern diesel. I want to keep the car whatever but my wife insists I cannot keep 2 cars!

Car is in Highclere, Newbury and I am looking for SOLD for this splendid car in excellent condition that comes with upgrades (BM24) and some interesting spares. I am open to sensible offers and I am happy for any inspection.

Photo’s to follow next week once the car is fully cleaned but I thought I would get the advert up now.

I look forward to the stampede! Cheers, Ian

Last edited by iandb1970; 7th November 2015 at 21:19.. Reason: SOLD!
iandb1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 22:06   #2
errol1
Retired

ZT

Cool

errol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 22:21   #3
cossie dunc
I really should get out more.......

rover 75 contemporary se cdti + rover 75 connie cdti work horse

This car is a very very nice and very sensibly priced.

Scotland's rover 75/mg zt service,repair & enthusiast centre

Used parts.....servicing.......mechanical repairs.......modifications

Call Duncan 07415 251 705
cossie dunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 07:21   #4
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by errol1 View Post
Pics to follow once I have had a chance to prepare the car (it is in use until I pick my replacement tomorrow) and through family illness I am currently very busy. Note I did state pics to follow but I thought it best place the advert asap and see what interest I got.

Are you interested?
Old 13th September 2015, 08:36   #5
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Default Pictures added

Pictures added - many more available. Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding this car. I think the pictures, description and extras speak for themselves and as Cossie Dunc states it is a very good car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0199.jpg (141.0 KB, 647 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0197.jpg (146.0 KB, 650 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0187.jpg (143.7 KB, 593 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0184.jpg (131.1 KB, 613 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0174.jpg (129.0 KB, 562 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0178.jpg (129.2 KB, 597 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0181.jpg (127.0 KB, 519 views)
Old 16th September 2015, 19:25   #6
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Time for a bump for my add. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Old 20th September 2015, 20:31   #7
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Despite some interest this is still for sale. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Old 26th September 2015, 10:59   #8
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Time for a weekly bump!

Not sure why there is so little interest. I am open to sensible offers and happy to answer any questions!

This is a great car in very good condition and as you can see from above those who car seen the car and in Cossie Dunc's case serviced it will testify to the great condition of this car.
Old 26th September 2015, 19:03   #9
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

With respect you can bump as much as you like but I and most on here already have a 75 or a ZT.
Yes I would snap your hand off to get a car as good as yours but I see no reason to let go of my 75 right now in favour of yours.
Its a difficult balance for sellers. Do you go to where the knowledge and pride exists or try your hand on Autotrader for example?
A car like yours is hard to find in good condition and they are getting rarer every year. Just a suggestion, store it and mothball it. Get it up off its wheels to preserve tyres and suspension and get a trickle charge for the battery. It could be a good investment?
Old 26th September 2015, 20:46   #10
iandb1970
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
With respect you can bump as much as you like but I and most on here already have a 75 or a ZT.
Yes I would snap your hand off to get a car as good as yours but I see no reason to let go of my 75 right now in favour of yours.
Its a difficult balance for sellers. Do you go to where the knowledge and pride exists or try your hand on Autotrader for example?
A car like yours is hard to find in good condition and they are getting rarer every year. Just a suggestion, store it and mothball it. Get it up off its wheels to preserve tyres and suspension and get a trickle charge for the battery. It could be a good investment?
I agree with what you say but unless you bump occasionally those members who are looking will not see it! If I have to it will go the Autotrader or eBay route and it might need to soon as I cannot keep, let alone store!