Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st April 2008, 08:58   #11
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Post office stamps at £20 a month should just about cover it. Although I'm far too undisciplined to do it!
Old 21st April 2008, 09:49   #12
lightpainter
Posted a thing or two

2004 Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Conn SE Auto

Can anyone explain how one works out the CO2 rating for a particular vehicle?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lightpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 10:14   #13
davediamond
Loves to post

Commission No. 001055

The C02 emissions are shown on the Registration Document.

Alternatively, have a look here:

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring...pecifications/

Regards

Dave
Old 21st April 2008, 10:36   #14
CFS75
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto

When the new road tax bands and costs were introduced in the budget most people assumed that it would be new cars that would be affected. Those buying new cars would know that some would carry a higher tax rating.
However it was shock when we discovered that cars first licensed as far back as 2001 would be affected.
Does anyone know if the motoring associations, AA/RAC etc, have been approached to make representation to government on behalf of owners of existing cars, post 2001, with high CO2 emmissions?
I would have thought that there must be many thousands of us who have such cars but have a low annual mileage and so have a small 'carbon footprint'!
CFS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 11:05   #15
BigJacko
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 Club (2002)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davediamond View Post
Yes you are correct. The current band G (valid until 13th March 09) is for cars over 226g/km registered on or after 23rd March 2006 only so your 2002 75 comes under band F as it was registered prior to this date. Interestingly, your car could emit 1000g/km and it would still only cost you £210 until 2009
Thanks for the clarification Dave... it all makes perfect sense now, cheers. Sometimes I hate finding out I'm right For a moment there, your new tables gave me a modicum of hope that I'd only be seeing mine jump by £100, but instead, no, it WILL be £200 after all. Dammit.

Quote:
I'm not to happy myself BUT at least my 52 plate 2.5 V6 160 falls just under the top 2 bands at 225g/km, if I had a 2ltr V6 I would be well cheesed off at having to pay the same as the ZT190.
"Cheesed off" is somewhat of an understatement for my current level of feeling. Especially seeing as I am over 225g/km by a mere 3g/km, AND that I can't play the 'tax it for six months and get 18 months of low rate' trick now (because I realised too late - thinking it was a 'showroom tax' for new cars only).
My only solace is that I have never in my life paid more than five hundred quid for a car. Ever. And I'm now 44. I suppose this is merely the equaliser!

Quote:
Just to summerise, the figures I quoted in my first post are correct for your future VED. (you may as well get yourself a nice 2.5 V6 75 or better still a ZT190.)
I'm not going to change the car - this one was an inheritance gift from my dear old late dad, and is only worth keeping because, well, he loved it, mum loved it, and now so do I - and we couldn't bear to scrap it or sell it to some tearaway (dad had it from new, and it was his pride-n-joy). It's just someone upstairs reminding me you get nowt for nowt, that's all. We'll grin and bear it. I shall meanwhile resist the temptation to go out and purchase an old Ford Cortina and just leave it running 24/7 whilst parked up outside number 11 Downing Street. Preferably with a hosepipe running from the exhaust to the letterbox!