Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th September 2016, 15:07   #241
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
Brake upgrades need to be fully done, 190 discs pads etc is useless using the same pressure from a standard master cylinder. But virtually impossible to buy a new 190 spec master from the normal places.
i fitted the fronts and made a hell of a difference... Rears a bit more... I have the cylinder and that will be done later this week

Last edited by klarzy; 4th September 2016 at 16:27..
klarzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 15:41   #242
max1
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer cdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Jim, is this video in a different format to previous ones? I only ask, as it doesn't want to play on tablets or phones (Android ones at least). All your other vids play fine, but this one just shows a black screen with the text "Video unavailable" when attempting to play it on my Samsung Note Pro tablet, my wifes Tab S, my Nexus 4 phone, and a friends Samsung tablet. It plays on my PC no problem at all though. All very odd.

Not a problem (for me at least ) just curious.

Cheers

Cliff
Same for me, video unavailable,

Have always been able to view all the previous videos, but not this one.
max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 17:42   #243
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Jim, is this video in a different format to previous ones? I only ask, as it doesn't want to play on tablets or phones (Android ones at least). All your other vids play fine, but this one just shows a black screen with the text "Video unavailable" when attempting to play it on my Samsung Note Pro tablet, my wifes Tab S, my Nexus 4 phone, and a friends Samsung tablet. It plays on my PC no problem at all though. All very odd.

Not a problem (for me at least ) just curious.

Cheers

Cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by max1 View Post
Same for me, video unavailable,

Have always been able to view all the previous videos, but not this one.
Sorry guys just checked it's also to do with the copyright claim, as well as being not viewable in Germany plus having to possibly suffer adverts, the video may be be unavailable on some platforms.

Even though I gave credit in my video description as I don't monetise my channel the owner of the copyright, Decca Records, can place restrictions on which countries can view the video and on what platforms.

Leaves me with three options, leave as it is and put up with the restrictions, remove the audio from 0:05 to 1:10, or remove the video and upload it again after changing the title music.

I've just had a look and it's available to me on the android platform via either my home wifi or o2 mobile data and that's without logging on to my channel.

I think the opening music gives so much to the video and taking into consideration the file size of 2.93gb, which took getting on for nine hours to upload via my steam powered wifi, my apologies but my decision is to leave it as it is.

Jim

Last edited by J1MBO; 4th September 2016 at 18:29.. Reason: further thoughts
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 18:23   #244
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Sorry guys just checked it's also to do with the copyright claim, as well as being not viewable in Germany plus having to possibly suffer adverts, the video may be be unavailable on some platforms.

Even though I gave credit in my video description as I don't monetise my channel the owner of the copyright, Decca Records, can place restrictions on which countries can view the video and on what platforms.

Leaves me with three options, leave as it is and put up with the restrictions, remove the audio from 0:05 to 1:10, or remove the video and upload it again after changing the title music.

Jim

Thanks Jim, that makes sense. I thought perhaps it was a different video format that Android tablets didn't like. Personally, I think Decca Records should pay you for having their music grace you video.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 18:50   #245
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Thanks Jim, that makes sense. I thought perhaps it was a different video format that Android tablets didn't like. Personally, I think Decca Records should pay you for having their music grace you video.

Cliff
Cheers for that Cliff .

If I did monetise my channel that would indeed happen as then they would be able to put the link to purchase it from either Google Play or iTunes.

Jim

Last edited by J1MBO; 4th September 2016 at 18:52..
Old 4th September 2016, 20:16   #246
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:

I've just had a look and it's available to me on the android platform via either my home wifi or o2 mobile data and that's without logging on to my channel.

I think the opening music gives so much to the video and taking into consideration the file size of 2.93gb, which took getting on for nine hours to upload via my steam powered wifi, my apologies but my decision is to leave it as it is.

Jim
A superb video Jim I loved the introduction and the heroic music. A fitting tribute to the aircraft and to the day. I was quite happy with the 19+minutes you put together and you managed to get Reebs speech included

Years ago in all innocence, I added a track from The Lion King to one of my African films and published it on the net. Not long after, I received a copyright warning in writing from the producer of the track. I nearly peed myself I can tell you. We corresponded, there was no monetary gain from myself and downloads had to be turned off. There were no hard feelings, it was amicable, so they told me to let it be, to leave the song and music in. I was lucky they were good natured about it. Happy days

All the music I use, goes through the usual channels and licences.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 10:35   #247
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
A superb video Jim I loved the introduction and the heroic music. A fitting tribute to the aircraft and to the day. I was quite happy with the 19+minutes you put together and you managed to get Reebs speech included
Thanks for your comments Phil .

Even though I was pleased with the opening titles I think, with hindsight, it would have looked better if it had all been in black and white as the encoding has spoilt the old colour film effect I was after, I have to say it looks so much more "period" when viewing the original file at 50fps on my laptop.

I'd shot rather too much for one video, I'll be doing another featuring the museums and aircraft plus maybe another of the cars .

Quote:
Years ago in all innocence, I added a track from The Lion King to one of my African films and published it on the net. Not long after, I received a copyright warning in writing from the producer of the track. I nearly peed myself I can tell you. We corresponded, there was no monetary gain from myself and downloads had to be turned off. There were no hard feelings, it was amicable, so they told me to let it be, to leave the song and music in. I was lucky they were good natured about it. Happy days

All the music I use, goes through the usual channels and licences.
The policing of copyright has moved on somewhat since, especially on platforms such as You Tube.

In my explanation I was being a little simplistic, what actually happens is that the copyright owner lodges the restrictions applicable on the track for a non-monetised channel. You Tube, using music recognition software, scan all uploaded videos for any copyrighted material and for that found they add a link to monetised channels to purchase the track or place the restrictions, on the owners behalf, for a non-monetised channel. You do have the option to dispute the copyright claim, a course I've taken three times previously and won, but on this occasion it is a valid claim.

I had already searched through the copyright database, but unfortunately for "Battle of Britain Theme" not for "Battle of Britain March", consequently I hadn't picked up on this:-

Normally I would also use "free" or creative commons licenced music in my videos but in this case I wanted a instantly recognisable track, in all honesty it's something I can live with especially as it doesn't count as a strike against my channel.

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot Battle of Britain March.jpg (86.2 KB, 117 views)
Old 6th September 2016, 12:15   #248
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for your comments Phil .

Even though I was pleased with the opening titles I think, with hindsight, it would have looked better if it had all been in black and white as the encoding has spoilt the old colour film effect I was after, I have to say it looks so much more "period" when viewing the original file at 50fps on my laptop.

I'd shot rather too much for one video, I'll be doing another featuring the museums and aircraft plus maybe another of the cars .

The policing of copyright has moved on somewhat since, especially on platforms such as You Tube.

In my explanation I was being a little simplistic, what actually happens is that the copyright owner lodges the restrictions applicable on the track for a non-monetised channel. You Tube, using music recognition software, scan all uploaded videos for any copyrighted material and for that found they add a link to monetised channels to purchase the track or place the restrictions, on the owners behalf, for a non-monetised channel. You do have the option to dispute the copyright claim, a course I've taken three times previously and won, but on this occasion it is a valid claim.

I had already searched through the copyright database, but unfortunately for "Battle of Britain Theme" not for "Battle of Britain March", consequently I hadn't picked up on this:-

Normally I would also use "free" or creative commons licenced music in my videos but in this case I wanted a instantly recognisable track, in all honesty it's something I can live with especially as it doesn't count as a strike against my channel.

Jim
Thanks Jim, that was an education to read. My plans to return to Duxford to film the aircraft in action did not work out as planned, so I will press on with what I have, but It won't be this week, as I have a wedding to go to down in the west country. You had Reebs and the trophy winners nicely covered. I won't be adding them in, thank you

To have filmed everything in B/W would have been very brave. Here is a clip with a mix of colours and B/W, with vibes about a members Zed called Yeti.

https://vimeo.com/129554521
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 16:35   #249
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Thanks Jim, that was an education to read. My plans to return to Duxford to film the aircraft in action did not work out as planned, so I will press on with what I have, but It won't be this week, as I have a wedding to go to down in the west country. You had Reebs and the trophy winners nicely covered. I won't be adding them in, thank you

To have filmed everything in B/W would have been very brave. Here is a clip with a mix of colours and B/W, with vibes about a members Zed called Yeti.

https://vimeo.com/129554521
Sorry to hear you didn't manage to get to Duxford last weekend, I was at the Lakeland Motor Museum meet so I've more video to edit.

It was just the opening titles I was referring to as the old 40's colour film effect really hasn't worked as well as the distressed black and white.

Hope your journey down to the west country is without issue and you enjoy the celebrations.

Best regards
Jim
Old 10th September 2016, 09:22   #250
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Two more videos from the 22nd at Duxford, one of the museums aircraft the other a "Take Two" of the cars.

Jim