Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Northern Ireland & Éire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st January 2012, 01:23   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Thumbs up Festival of Speed - Maze Prison Site - 28th April 2012

Theres car shows and then there are car festivals!!!! Read the list below for the vast entertainment thats on all day!!!! This will be the largest show all year in NI!

This is being located at the old Maze Prison site so accessibility is excellent. The address for those who dont know it is The Maze Prison / Longkesh, Bog Road, BT27 5RF Lisburn, United Kingdom

Google map link here Maze on Google

Quote:

Rally Super Special
A Rally Special Stage will be built using the existing infrastructure coupled to a few additions where a maximum of 60 Rally cars will compete.
The Stage will take the format of a Super Special Stage, a “figure 8” circuit where 2 cars compete head to head. This will be achieved by incorporating the Rally Crossover Bridge, previously used at the Stormont Super Special in 2007, that will become part of the stage.

We will also host the following:

Slowly Sideways Display – a display of Group B Rally Cars from the 1980s. This breed of Rally Car was banned from competition due to their sheer power, but many still exist today and ‘Slowly Sideways Ireland’ will bring a display team to take part in the Festival.

Bowler Rally Off Road Display – a Bowler is a specially built off road/rally car hybrid designed to commit blistering speed over harsh terrain and will bring a popular spectacle to the festival.

Ulster Aviation Society
The UAS have agreed to open their doors and make the Aviation museum an attraction for the visitors to the festival with the possibility of organising an aircraft fly over.

Off Road Experience
The off road experience will give Festival goers the opportunity to ride along in a vehicle designed to tackle the toughest terrain, with drivers trained to do so.

Quad and Off Road Buggy Display
Quad Bikes and Off Road Buggies will be put on display in a live off road area.

Championship Auto Test
The Festival will host the Ulster Automobile Clubs Championship Auto Test, this will take place within the main public areas to allow spectators to get closer to the action and give the drivers the opportunity to show case their skills to a wider audience.

Youth Opportunities
Local Motor Clubs will use the Festival to introduce young people to Grass Roots Motor Sport. It is through schemes like this that young people can be taught safety skills and car control from an early age, making them safer behind the wheel.

NIFRS Demonstrations
The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service will put on a safety demonstration for the members of the public at the festival.

PSNI Safety Demonstration
The Police Service of Northern Ireland will put on a safety demonstration for the members of the public at the festival.

Stunt Riding Display
Mattie Griffin from MGStuntriding will put on some live scheduled stunt displays.
Mattie was the star attraction at the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2011, and will add a 2 wheeled aspect to the festival.

Classic and Sports Car Show
The Festival will host a Sports Car Show, incorporating displays from different Motor Clubs and Owners Clubs.

Carnival
We will incorporate a Carnival to create a family friendly atmosphere.
Motor Sport focused Virtual Racing Pods will also be set up to give spectators a taste of competition.

Helicopter Rides
A Heli Pad will be created and Festival goers will be given the opportunity to go for an air borne experience.

Merchandising Village
A merchandising area will be created to give local traders access to the high footfall at the festival.

Food Village
A ‘Food Court’ style area will be set up with seating made available around the food outlets. The outlets themselves will be themed in a way to compliment a Motor Sports Festival, e.g. an American Diner themed mobile catering units.

Radio Controlled Model Displays
Radio Controlled Model Clubs will showcase their branch of Motorsport, with displays of model cars and planes.
The List......

Can everyone who is interested and serious about this event please add your name to the list below and if you want yor car on the club stand then could you please specify you wish to do so.

Attending list, please copy and paste your names below along with engine and body type as I would like to get a complete variety.

Id love to get a huge gather of people for this one, anything Rover or MG or similar for the event, as this looks to be about the biggest show of the year, adn should become an annual thing!

1 - Colin - Colin_NI - MG ZT V6 saloon - MAYBE with the Rover 75 also by this stage.....
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st January 2012 at 02:25.. Reason: Disclaimer added as per Club Rules
Old 6th March 2012, 00:23   #2
The Rover Man
Loves to post

Rover 75 Classic CDT SE

I would have loved to go to this show, but it clashes with The Argory meet, so will have to give it a miss this year...
Old 7th March 2012, 08:01   #3
falcoron
Gets stuck in

75 SE Wedgwood blue

Put me down colin as i will be there, son in law is a recent british champion auto tester so will be a nice day out for the family. Do you know if there is a caravan facility that day?

Last edited by falcoron; 7th March 2012 at 08:06..
Old 7th March 2012, 16:17   #4
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

I will get back to you about that mate!
Old 19th March 2012, 10:45   #5
falcoron
Gets stuck in

75 SE Wedgwood blue

Default Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
I will get back to you about that mate!
Any update if i can bring the caravan along ( not on our stand just on site) good for young grandkids for naps etc,

Stick me on the list with my ZT green beasty
Old 13th April 2012, 21:44   #6
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Bumping this folks, need to organize this this weekend at the latest.
Old 13th April 2012, 22:13   #7
Wilmac
Avid contributor

75 Connie Saloon cdt (03)

Smile

Hi Colin

Sorry can't make this meet.. lucky enough to get tickets for Ulster v Edinburgh .. Heineken Cup semi-final in Dublin.
Old 15th April 2012, 10:17   #8
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Sorry Colin as Mike I have already entered the Argory.Sorry
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Old 15th April 2012, 17:58   #9
Talago
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer 1969 Rover P6 3500 V8 1973 Rover P6 3500 V8

Sorry Colin, I'm at the Argory too.

Would love to have gone to this. Too many events and not enough weeks!
Old 18th April 2012, 02:40   #10
falcoron
Gets stuck in

75 SE Wedgwood blue

Any update Colin?
Closed Thread