Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th September 2016, 08:39   #31
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelaaa View Post
I've been a passenger in one of those Citroen XM's before in Rome. On the cobbled roads you could not notice the bumps at all. Extremely confortable to be in.
No wonder that the BBC used Citroens as camera cars for running alongside and filming the nags at the races.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 24th September 2016 at 08:41..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 11:09   #32
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Our cars whether a Rover 75 or an MG are classed as Modern Classics.

I have had various heated arguments with some people I know, saying "it's not a classic car".
I know that but I say it's a modern classic, maybe they don't read the magazine, 'Modern Classics' as I do.

I had a chap the other day ask me what my car was, he could see it was an MG but he had no idea what it was, so I explained.

I reckon in the next 3 years there is going to be a lot less on the road than there is now, which is a shame, the VED is the biggest killer.

My 1.8T is £295 to tax and the ZT is £270, which the majority of people I know who drive these hideous looking euro boxes wouldn't dream of paying that amount of money for.

So you have to be an enthusiast to like these cars and to own them and the majority of members on here own more than one car, myself included.

At times I get ticked off with them, because something goes wrong but as my late Father always said, "it's a mechanical object and they do go wrong", which is true.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote