Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd November 2014, 18:25   #31
daviddmf

Rover 75 Club SE Estate

and as for pics I don't know where you are based geographically but there has been a veritable deluge here over the weekend. I don't want to take pics looking like the car is submerged in a canal. So apologies on that front they will be forthcoming.
daviddmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 18:30   #32
daviddmf

Rover 75 Club SE Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
should have gone to trading standards then
Thanks for the tip but I have a day job.
Old 23rd November 2014, 18:30   #33
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddmf View Post
Thanks for the tip but I have a day job.
and they have a phone number and will come and see you
Old 23rd November 2014, 18:32   #34
daviddmf

Rover 75 Club SE Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
and they have a phone number and will come and see you
last time I contacted trading standard they weren't very helpful but I appreciate your input.
Old 23rd November 2014, 18:49   #35
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddmf View Post
I have nothing to hide that should be clear from the fact that I won't be putting pressure on anyone to make a quick decision. Feel free to get it checked over by the AA too. Home address is also fine but I usually meet people at Tesco car park or Brent X as there is plenty of space and its easier to get to. On the other hand I have been at the receiving end of various dodgy deals. My last car a Vauxhall Astra bought second hand from Luton with a 6 month mechanical warranty and 2 days later the engine went dead. I had to fork out £900 to have it reconditioned and neither the dealer or the warranty guys wanted to know.
I know it is probably too late for the Astra, but maybe of use for future knowledge. The fact you bought it from a trader means you had recourse. A car must be fit for purpose, and whether stated or not, it has a warranty in that it serviceable for a reasonable amount of time unless stated otherwise (ie for parts or repair only etc). Generally, this is around 3 months. I found this out after my old Jag went kaput just after 3 months. I know day job and family life take its toll, but two days is just not fair in my mind.
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 18:57   #36
daviddmf

Rover 75 Club SE Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I know it is probably too late for the Astra, but maybe of use for future knowledge. The fact you bought it from a trader means you had recourse. A car must be fit for purpose, and whether stated or not, it has a warranty in that it serviceable for a reasonable amount of time unless stated otherwise (ie for parts or repair only etc). Generally, this is around 3 months. I found this out after my old Jag went kaput just after 3 months. I know day job and family life take its toll, but two days is just not fair in my mind.
Thank you CLF the issue was that the seller is Luton based and the first thing I was asked is did I return the vehicle. I couldn't return it as it was kaput. So I had to weigh up the time I would waste getting the car to Luton and then being without wheels for a period of time and all the clerical work. On balance it was simpler not cheaper to pay the extra £900 to get it on the road. But I am older and wiser now so hopefully better prepared for the next trick.