Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd November 2014, 19:48   #1
minty2
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default W (2000) Reg Connie 75 Diesel (160PS) No Longer Available

No Longer Available as deposit taken!

Offered for sale (preferably) to a forum member , my manual 2000 (W) reg, steel blue Connie diesel 75 with 126K on the clock. Offers around £850

When I first got this car in 2011 from a dealer in Castleford, it was in good condition externally but mechanically, it had not been looked after as well as it should. So in the first year of ownership and as I got to know the car, I replaced the MAF (new Bosch unit); all filters including air, PCV and pollen; had the FBH's circuitry repaired so that it worked properly; top strut bearings replaced; EGF bypass and gold resistor for the radiator fan installed.
In year 2, the car's had a new clutch and slave; drop links replaced; new rear O/S hub; new AC condenser; new battery; replacement wiper arms and a 115 to 131 PS engine remap and spy hole mod. Oh and a full set of new tyres. In year 3, the car's had a 131 to 160 PS remap; a new intercooler (very quick now); all filters changed again (plus the fuel filter); new exhaust back box; another new rear hub (the other side); new offside rear spring; coolant flush and full replacement; electrical door mirror switches cleaned and now working properly too! In the 30K that I have done in the car since I purchased it, it's had three oil and oil filter changes. Recent T4 checks have confirmed the injectors and all ancillary components are working as they should.

The car now runs beautifully, returns on average 50MPG , is quick off the mark since the 160 remap and new intercooler were put in place and runs very quietly.The FBH has a remote switch that allows you to activate it at any temp and not just when it's 5 degrees or below outside. However, it only works correctly when the engine is running. In freezing weather, it will help get the engine up to temperature much faster than without the FBH and with Winter coming….

Outside, the car is in excellent condition with just a few minor scrapes and scuffs here and there. The all alloy wheels are also in excellent condition. The interior of the car is tidy although the front offside door card is slightly loose at the bottom and the driver's seat bolster is slightly torn at the corner (the usual place). The bonnet catch sticks (common problem with these cars) and needs to be manually pushed back once the bonnet is open; nothing a good degrease and clean wouldn't solve but not something I've got round to. It has all black leather upholstery. The air con and climate controls work as they should. The car also has heated front seats; height adjustable driver's seat; both front seats have electric reach and backrest adjustment. I still haven't got round to the handbrake mod ( it does need doing) and the rear offside door is occasionally hard to open from the outside when it gets cold. I've fixed this several times but it keeps coming back to bother me in the winter. The laminate at both lower corners of the windscreen is slightly fogged (see attachment) but this doesn't affect visibility or strength and the motion/rain sensing wipers are also unaffected. The car's upkeep is in no small measure due to other forum members whom I won't mention by name here but who have helped me bring this car up close to the standard it was in when it left the showroom almost 14 years ago barring normal wear and tear. I have lots of service receipts, two working keys (and a skeleton emergency key) and the car's original hand book and all legal documentation. It's taxed until August 2015 although I believe that's no longer transferable.

I have decided to move sideways and have now purchased an early 2001 2.5L KV6 Connie SE automatic tourer that has also been looked after by a caring owner (bar the timing belts). Time for a change methinks and no room for two Rovers!

There's 3 months left on my car's MoT. It has never once let me down during my ownership and I'm looking for offers around the £850 mark, which I think is fair considering the amount of money I've spent on it and therefore the new owner will save! Please PM me if you are interested and want to have a look/test drive.

Last edited by minty2; 4th February 2018 at 15:57..
minty2 is offline   Reply With Quote