Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2014, 19:09   #41
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeruk View Post
One of the many reasons I value this forum is the openness with which people are willing to take about the faults and foibles of their cars, even when selling them. Such honesty and transparency can only give confidence to potential buyers and ultimately aid any sale.

What were the issues that weren't mentioned by the seller and how have these been rectified? It might help other sellers if you detailed them. No slagging (at all, I assure you), just asking for facts.

Thanks
Hi and again thank you

Heated seats inop, thermostat leaking, front brakes warped, not red clip on fuel pipe it was sender unit shot, back lights bodged in as when collected it had a side light inop lit on dash n/s/r no attempt to fix ? So yes spent money which was counted for or would have put up for less £67.00 train £50 in fuel + work done and then my time advert and valet. It must be a crime if you buy off here to blow money then lol ? Just want these cars to stay alive and not be worthless and yes I have had loads of them.
Rgds
Markm1741 a man on a mission
Old 22nd November 2014, 08:35   #42
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Funnily enough, I was going to buy this car from the original ad on here but was told it was provisionally sold!

So I went and bought another more local to me which I am totally happy with.

This one has a couple of issues but as they are 'service' related I deem that a mere obligation on my part to correct the issues and enjoy the mota!

Well done to the chap making a small uplift and keeping the car in circulation.

Off later to sort me a new key via Phil T4,,

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:54   #43
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

If the seller got what he wanted for it and the next chap gets £200 or £2000 more so what? Its got nothing to do with anyone its his car and if he drove it into a wall thats his business.
We all have to earn a living and thats his. Its a lovely car and will no doubt do someone well.
Old 22nd November 2014, 10:51   #44
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
My only regret is that it did not go to one of the members on here, as I thought that it was....

But it did
Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
If the seller got what he wanted for it and the next chap gets £200 or £2000 more so what? Its got nothing to do with anyone its his car and if he drove it into a wall thats his business.
We all have to earn a living and thats his. Its a lovely car and will no doubt do someone well.
thank you yes lovely car and after money I've spent im now happy with it just doing my job that's all. not sure what all the fuss was about if others thought it was worth more why not put the cash up ASAP ? these are now moaning at so called big margins so why not buy it before me ? perhaps jealously or they just have nothing better to do than gripe.... profit after outlay and time + work is not a dirty word

rgds markm1741
Old 22nd November 2014, 11:41   #45
Stevie Boy
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Fair play to you mate. Nothing wrong here. It's your car and now you can do whatever you like with it, sell it keep it, whatever. It's your business and nobody else's.
Old 23rd November 2014, 14:41   #46
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1741 View Post
thank you yes lovely car and after money I've spent im now happy with it just doing my job that's all. not sure what all the fuss was about if others thought it was worth more why not put the cash up ASAP ? these are now moaning at so called big margins so why not buy it before me ? perhaps jealously or they just have nothing better to do than gripe.... profit after outlay and time + work is not a dirty word

rgds markm1741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Boy View Post
Fair play to you mate. Nothing wrong here. It's your car and now you can do whatever you like with it, sell it keep it, whatever. It's your business and nobody else's.
And with those two final comments I think it's time to bring this thread to a close.
Closed Thread