Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th November 2014, 16:45   #11
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Or perhaps he thought this site is so full of experts, he'd get a proper opinion, and then do as he said?
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 21:40   #12
fencer75
Avid contributor

R75 Cdt Contemporary se Tourer

Can appreciate both points of view, when I first joined the club, reading some of the posts did put me off, as it did appear a little off-putting at times, luckily , this is a false impression as the vast majority of members are welcoming and very, very helpful,particularly at meets, also, forum rules do prevent posts running riot .
Lets hope this enquiry is genuine and we can assist a Rover enthusiast.

PS: Apologies if I have unintentionally broken forum rules
fencer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 21:52   #13
Diggles
Regular poster

BMW e60 5 Series

Some people are obviously oversensitive. Its hardly crime of the century.
Diggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 22:52   #14
Elick
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT Connie SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
I agree fully, and all due respect but a Brand new member coming on with the Valuation/sale, leads to one thinking is the site used as a place to become part of the community to gain or share experiences amongst fellow members, or solely as a 'Free Ad' section.

Sorry if I sound so Negative, this is just my opinion Or is it?
Does sound a bit harsh, he did join back in august and he has paid his 10 quid, so not a "free ad".
Just because he hasn't got hundreds of posts against his name doesn't make him an evil person
You could go down the route of introducing a min 100 post rule before you advertise, like some forums do, but I don't think that would suit this site at all. You would just get people spoiling some threads because they post rubbish just to fulfill the requirement.
The mods are there to use their discretion if they think things are getting out of hand, like posting loads of comments on someones for sale thread that should be in the feedback forum

Russ
Done: Gold resistor, silicon intercooler pipe + o rings, inline stat, pcv, bonnet cable, compensator, egr cleanup, spy hole, new ipk, t4 tweek, smiley plate, leds- int/no plate/sidelights.
Elick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 17:56   #15
daviddmf

Rover 75 Club SE Estate

Default naysayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Or perhaps he thought this site is so full of experts, he'd get a proper opinion, and then do as he said?
Thanks Planenut ( and several other board members ) for standing up for me or at least helping the doubting Thomas' see the light. I did want to have board member's expert opinion and I did go looking elsewhere beforehand. I couldn't find any cars with such low mileage on Autotrader. Anyhow it paid off as several site members private messaged me with their opinion and it does appear that the car is worth around £1700-£2000 And I am genuinely uncertain whether to sell it or not as I have already spent a fair amount on new tyres and import duty and VAT. I also need to get the exhaust fixed as it has a slight rattle. I may on the other hand decide to swap it as I am after something slightly higher off the road such as a Toyota Picnic or vauxhall Zafira etc. I will make up my mind by Saturday as I am booked in to fix the exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 5.jpg (55.4 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (53.9 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (48.8 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by daviddmf; 17th November 2014 at 18:02..
daviddmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 19:02   #16
Diggles
Regular poster

BMW e60 5 Series

Why have you had to pay import duty and vat if it was previously registered in the UK?
Old 17th November 2014, 19:09   #17
daviddmf

Rover 75 Club SE Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles View Post
Why have you had to pay import duty and vat if it was previously registered in the UK?
Because it had been out of the country for more than three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer75 View Post
Can appreciate both points of view, when I first joined the club, reading some of the posts did put me off, as it did appear a little off-putting at times, luckily , this is a false impression as the vast majority of members are welcoming and very, very helpful,particularly at meets, also, forum rules do prevent posts running riot .
Lets hope this enquiry is genuine and we can assist a Rover enthusiast.

PS: Apologies if I have unintentionally broken forum rules
Luckily I got the friendly ones first. As it stands my post started off on a different topic as a genuine enquiry and then was removed by moderators as I had not paid up for full membership. They obviously thought my thread belonged in the "for sale" category.

Last edited by Dragrad; 18th November 2014 at 20:08.. Reason: Consecutive posts - Use the edit ;-)
daviddmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 19:21   #18
Diggles
Regular poster

BMW e60 5 Series

That seems outrageously unfair. Vat was probably paid on it when it was new and then they want more just because its been out of the country for >3yrs! I can't see any justification for that policy.
Old 17th November 2014, 20:34   #19
FROGGY
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles View Post
That seems outrageously unfair. Vat was probably paid on it when it was new and then they want more just because its been out of the country for >3yrs! I can't see any justification for that policy.
Possibly because Switzerland is outside the EU?

Mick

IN THE BLACK NOW
FROGGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 20:40   #20
tony77
Regular poster

rover 75 connoisseur cdti diesel 2004

Default viewing

Hi All,
Wondering if any kind soul would view the car for me, I live in Cornwall so would be grateful if someone was feeling generous. I will pay your fuel cost if you are local to the advertiser.
Thanks
Tony
tony77 is offline   Reply With Quote