Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th July 2015, 20:09   #1
Mistered

ZT-T 190

Default Mg zt-t 190

Hiya, I bought this RED car from SirRustalot having seen the threads about it on thiis site. I know some of you are familiar with the actual car already.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=212039

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=215728

I collected the car early June as a sort of retirement present to myself. I drove it back from Edinburgh to Darlington. Since then I have done only about 50 extra miles in it. I paid £1500 for the car and insisted on a full MOT as part of the condition of sale, consequently it has about 11 months left. As advised on the threads and the MOT I have had two brand new front tyres fitted. I think I would be willing to write off the cost of the tyres and accept near the £1500 I paid for the car.

I am considering selling the car as I am not at all mechanical, I read the threads here and realise I could end up out of my depth, this could end up with the car losing its way so to speak. Also my mother who currently lives 250 miles away is very ill, She will take up much of my time and I simply won't have much time to spend on the car or enjoy it. It would be a waste for it to just stand on my drive.

Thanks for looking, let me know if you are interested.

Last edited by Reebs; 16th July 2015 at 20:27.. Reason: Pictures added
Mistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 20:29   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Pictures from the other thread added to your opening post
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2015, 14:37   #3
Mistered

ZT-T 190

Default Pictures

Thank you very much. I wouldn't have known how to do that, it is appreciated.
Old 18th July 2015, 15:06   #4
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Looks a lovely car mate and I wish you the best of luck with the sale.

Alas I am not in a position to purchase, unless you fancied a deal with my Civic

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=221038

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 09:40   #5
Mistered

ZT-T 190

Default Seriously Though

At £1500 is that above the going rate were I to actually put some effort into selling it? I know, like anything, the car is what someone is prepared to pay for it, but am I in the right region?
Old 23rd July 2015, 09:50   #6
versus
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 Auto, 2000 year

Thumbs up

looks very nice!
versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:07   #7
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistered View Post
At £1500 is that above the going rate were I to actually put some effort into selling it? I know, like anything, the car is what someone is prepared to pay for it, but am I in the right region?
The car is way over priced I'm afraid. For one in such a rough condition and needing so so much spent on it just to make it roadworthy I'd push the boat out and pay you £600. And at that price I'm doing you a favour!!

Seriously though, the car is in a beautiful condition having come to you from a respected forum member. The price is very reasonable and worth every penny. Wether you find a buyer on here is another matter. Sir Rustalot had a bit of a long haul with finding a buyer but I guess that's the world we live in with few folks wanting our cars. It's a shame, they don't know what they're missing!

Don't sell it short. It'll keep you smiling while you have it you may even decide to keep it!
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:28   #8
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

Default did rusty do the dirty ?

The car is way over priced I'm afraid.

For one in such a rough condition and needing so so much spent on it just to make it roadworthy I'd push the boat out and pay you £600. And at that price I'm doing you a favour!!

Seriously though, the car is in a beautiful condition having come to you from a respected forum member. The price is very reasonable and worth every penny. Wether you find a buyer on here is another matter. Sir Rustalot had a bit of a long haul

make your mind up is it rough or a great looking car don't think the biscuit man sold a pup here as he had 2 est at the same time for sale

but you are correct it took a long time to sell, it's the spec it hasn't got any
markm1741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 15:31   #9
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1741 View Post
The car is way over priced I'm afraid.

For one in such a rough condition and needing so so much spent on it just to make it roadworthy I'd push the boat out and pay you £600. And at that price I'm doing you a favour!!

Seriously though, the car is in a beautiful condition having come to you from a respected forum member. The price is very reasonable and worth every penny. Wether you find a buyer on here is another matter. Sir Rustalot had a bit of a long haul

make your mind up is it rough or a great looking car don't think the biscuit man sold a pup here as he had 2 est at the same time for sale

but you are correct it took a long time to sell, it's the spec it hasn't got any

Sorry, maybe my tongue in cheek first part of my post failed.....

To set it straight.

The car is a cracker and in one of the best colours. It looks great, is very well kept and a good price. I was sorely tempted when it was for sale last time but I'd just bought my diesel contemporary and as much as I liked, still like, yours I value a roof over my head. The wife would not be impressed if I bought another. Still, could be worse places to sleep than in the back of that stunning ZTT.
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 11:25   #10
Mistered

ZT-T 190

Default Fed up

I had decided I was going to sell this car and start a new thread about it. However on what was supposed to be a lovely day out in Durham yesterday, the clutch went. As stated before I am out of my depth. I managed to change gears for a bit and drove home in 5th gear. It drove fine, just wasn't happy changing gear! I have lost heart with it now. I am pleased I hadn't sold it and someone got it half way home and broke down. The member I bought it from said the clutch had all recently been changed so it might not be a huge thing, but then it might, I just don't know.

I want to get rid of it, but what should I do? Get it fixed and then risk not selling it, or sell it as it is and just accept I made a mistake and take a substantial loss. I think I Would prefer the later. The car is pretty much as I bought it, it has all good tyres now though, but also in fairness I should add that the passenger front door needs to be locked manually,something I was only made aware of when I called to collect it.

I would be really glad of any helpful and well intentioned advice about what I should do next. I know many of you have a vast amount of expertise, I am just asking you to share a little of it with me!

Thanks