Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th April 2014, 13:35   #1
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Default **SOLD AGAIN** Midnight blue Connoisseur 2.5

SOLD due to another project (ZT-T) being purchase, and this one being almost sorted.

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 in Midnight blue with Sandstone interior.

Purchase this nearly 2 years ago from a member as it had failed it's MOT, and after initially deciding to sort it, he decided to move on.

His for sale thread here. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...light=midnight

As you can see, she needed a fair amount of work done to the front suspension, which turned out to be more still.

Both springs were in fact broken, and after matching up the aftermarket spring he had already purchased, I had them fitted. The original top mounts were seized to the shockers, so I ended up replacing both front shocks (KYB), both droplinks, both genuine top mounts, both bottom arms, and both bottom arm bushes.

The springs turned out to be completely wrong for the car ( heavy duty apparantly ) , and damaged the brand new top mounts, so I had to replace both front springs again ( genuine parts from best of british) , and another set of genuine top mount bearings.

The springs were colour coded Green/Purple, the colour code for the car is marked as Green/Blue, but I was informed by B of B that they were the same fitment, and the car sits perfectly, and rides fine, especially compared to the AMK aftermarket springs that were originally fitted.

Link to the springs purchased here. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-F...item565043dc89

I also found the fan wasn't working on low speed ,and it had been fitted with a 2 speed (later type) fan, so replaced the silver resistor with a Jules gold resistor, so all works fine again.

Thermostat was leaking, so complete kit fitted.

Timing belt change was stamped at around 86k but dated 2007. I bought a genuine belt kit from Peter Vulcan racing, and had a work colleague help me fit them, along with a conitech water pump. I don't have a garage receipt for this work obviously, but I took a couple of pictures of the work being done, and still have the old parts. This work was done in October 2012, about 4000 miles ago.

I was very lucky, as it appeared that only the main front belt had been changed the first time. The two rear belts were in a bad way.

I polished the headlights, as these were a problem when I took the car for it's MOT, along with new front brake pads ( Pagid) and welded handbrake compensator.

I've also serviced the car, so oil, air and pollen filter changed, along with spark plugs.

She has a pair of Stocktakes self testing VIS motors on at present.

I've fitted an electric rear blind,chrome auto gear selector, and symphony head unit and new genuine sandstone mats to upgrade the interior.

I fitted a replacement front wing in midnight blue, as the original was missing paint along the edge next to the bonnet for some reason. This however does look a slightly darker shade to the door.

There are a couple of dings around the body, and the bumpers are not in perfect condition either.

There is a small amount of damage on the drivers seat base at the back.

The interior blower fan has failed, so I need to replace this before any sale. Replacement is on it's way.Air conditioning is working ( when blower fan was operating ), but to be truthful, the air conditioning condenser has seen better days.

Tyres have decent remaining tread, around 6mm all round.

Auto fluid has been changed, again by my mechanic collegue.

She has just under 130K now, and I've been driving her over my ownership with only one starting problem, which was the starter solenoid. I removed and cleaned the contacts, and she starts fine.

MOT until November 2014, Taxed until end of January 2015. Price including road tax is £800 ( Car £600+ remaining tax £200 )

If there's anything I've missed that you would like to know, please say.

She's not mint by any means, but a nice motor in my opinion. In hindsight, financially she should have probably been scrapped, ( perhaps the same with my next project car ), but seemed to be worth salvaging.

Last edited by Typhoon190; 16th August 2015 at 16:16..
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 19:13   #2
Craig
Loves to post

BMW (E60) 520d M Sport

Firstly, well done to you for saving this car. I'd love to take it off your hands! It would be perfect for us. It has come along about 2 months too early, though.

I don't suppose you'd have any interest in or use for a 1999 Mazda Xedos 9 Miller? It's going to need a little TLC in the not-too-distant future (about which I'll be 100% honest) and so I would not expect a huge p/x value.

I might not be online much more tonight, but please do send a PM if my Mazda might be of interest.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 19:10   #3
Typhoon190
This is my second home

Cheers Craig.

Unfortunately I need to sell one of the 3 cars as I haven't the room really, so part exchange/swap not really an option for me on this occasion.

Thanks anyway.
Old 15th April 2014, 17:55   #4
Craig
Loves to post

BMW (E60) 520d M Sport

Yes... I thought that would probably be the case.

Thanks and good luck with the sale. (And free bump!)
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2014, 15:14   #5
Typhoon190
This is my second home

Just an update on this. Heater now working. Turned out to be a faulty relay, thanks to Jules online diagnosis.

Aircon is not working. I'm guessing it's down to the poor condition of the condenser loosing refrigerant.

Obviously in light of this the price is negotiable. If anyone wanting the car, wants the aircon sorted, hopefully we can work something out.

Thanks.

Ben.
Old 20th April 2014, 20:55   #6
scorpio stu
This is my second home

Jaguar 3.2 Executive

Good luck with sale.Great looking car or am I biased ?
Triumph Street Triple R
scorpio stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 09:08   #7
Typhoon190
This is my second home

In light of Air con not working price reduced to £500 for car + remaining tax at cost.
Old 24th April 2014, 09:30   #8
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

That's a lovely car for the money, and I hope it goes to a good home!
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 09:30   #9
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

I've just saved a midnight blue X reg 2.0 KV6 manual from the pearly gates which is going to be my next courtesy car
Needed exactly all the jobs you've just done plus all new discs!!

Just a thought though
I only use KYB or Unipart springs these days as I've not had a single failure in 6 years !!
Has anyone had replacement OEM springs fail yet??
Think the factory ones were made from recycled metal from China

I suppose we do these projects for the love of it because selling them on you don't get even half your investment back but hey ho good luck with this sale.
Clearly a good example for someone.

Worth every penny and values can only start rising soon ......................

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:22   #10
Typhoon190
This is my second home

Just to say that the friend that bought this last year has relocated to Spain ( alright for some ) so this will be available again from 16th of August.

He says there is a clunk from the left front, which I imagine will probably be the droplinks I fitted, as they seem to be made of chocolate now.

Price £400.

Thanks for looking.

Ben.