Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th April 2023, 11:39   #1
RichardK666

MG ZT

Default K666 MGR - 2005 black ZT+ 160 - SOLD (MOTd, inlet or HGF issue)

This isn't ticking the boxes for me at all, and after moving house it's decided to reward me by turning into a fog machine.

My initial thought was turbo seal, but I'm leaning towards HGF on water somewhere, or inlet manifold gasket. It's been run up to temp twice looking for coolant bubbles and no sign, but makes a fair cloud and condensation says 'water'.

MOTd September, black leather interior, 99K miles, tuned, big stainless exhaust, chassis 351666 (no idea where it sits in the production queue), recent big battery, wandery steering, needs tyres (two slow punctures/leaks plus tired anyway), misfire at 2,500-3K can be driven around but ask for power and it properly sulks.

£500 if I retain the K666 MGR plate I bought for it, sell the spare parts and keen the Pioneer double-DIN CarPlay radio.

£750 with plate, radio and a box of spares including MK Performance silicone hose set (unfitted as it needs a coolant change) and NOS mudflaps I wasted £50 on.

Has a towbar. Car is near Clay Cross/Chesterfield. Starts and moves, but I wouldn't drive it far. No sign of mayo or coolant bubbles (or significant loss) but I could just have not run it long enough. It has had a head gasket in the past.

I'm not going to scrap it, but I'm not breaking it - the whole car has to go in one go. Panels are generally good, and it wasn't a bad thing to drive when I drove it, but the tyres, a clutch master cylinder not being bolted on, some fun with leaks into the boot and wiring connections... and then this? I've got a Mercedes ML55 AMG to feed!

It'll be SORN at the end of April, and is not insured now as I needed the policy for the Merc.

K666 MGR: MG ZT+ 160, 2005, Pearl Black.
K666 RTK: PT Cruiser Convertible (+ 1967 Spitfire Mk3 2.5l)

Last edited by RichardK666; 20th April 2023 at 22:27..
RichardK666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2023, 22:27   #2
RichardK666

MG ZT

This is now sold, pending collection. It appears to have excellent sills, too, I should have shared some pics

K666 MGR: MG ZT+ 160, 2005, Pearl Black.
K666 RTK: PT Cruiser Convertible (+ 1967 Spitfire Mk3 2.5l)
RichardK666 is offline   Reply With Quote