Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th April 2017, 16:29   #1
john949

rover 75 saloon

Default Highline Speaker Wiring

2004 Contemporary with Sat Nav. Radio isn't working and measuring on the radio connector in the boot, all the speakers appear to be open circuit, but the earth and power feeds are present. Is there a connector that all the speaker wires go through and if so where is it?

Thanks
john949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 17:04   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Here you go

have a look at the attachment

Brian
Attached Files
File Type: pdf higline nav and radio.pdf (145.5 KB, 41 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 21:00   #3
john949

rover 75 saloon

Finally the penny has dropped. In case anyone else is a bit slow on the uptake...

On low line cars the radio is plugged directly into C0981 which obviously lives behind the fascia. On high line cars there is an additional wiring loom that plugs into this connector and routes all the radio connections and the CD changer to the boot. The speaker wires connect to the power amp outputs and the power amp inputs and the CD changer go to a connector which is physically identical to C0981 (C0818) which then plugs into the radio unit. Unfortunately the wiring diagram doesn't identify the functionality of the wires between the radio unit and the power amp, but since the radio unit is basically a modified Symphony then it's a pretty fair guess that the pin out of C0818 is the same as C0981 e.g. the four speaker outputs of the radio are on the same pins on C0818 as the speakers are on C0981.

Now that I think I understand where all the wires go, all I have to do is work out why it doesn't work.

An interesting symptom is that the Sat Nav screen blinks off every few minutes - like it's resetting. Maybe something to do with the signals (or lack of) on the K bus? I'm suspicious of the bus signals because the radio doesn't seem to power up. If you press the radio button on the display unit - nothing happens.
john949 is offline   Reply With Quote