Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2017, 11:33   #81
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
I think their reply yesterday slightly covers it:

I do not know for sure, but I have the feeling they should start shipping at the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
Why can't they just give you an actual date and stick to it?

They have the money, they have the screens - what's stopping them?

Last edited by Rooney; 26th April 2017 at 11:42.. Reason: grammar
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 12:21   #82
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

I don't work there, so I wouldn't know. Maybe they are very busy? He has mentioned a few times that they generally order several hundred screens for various models of cars each time. I can imagine that it is difficult to be so precise when you've got to deal with those amount of screens.

But to be honest, I don't know.
Old 26th April 2017, 12:45   #83
Rooney
Suspended

Quote:
I don't work there, so I wouldn't know.
No need to be sarcastic, it's a valid question.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I do have a family member who has ordered one of these screens so I have a legitimate interest.

As I said earlier, I'm sure you've found a genuine supplier however, read the thread back, look at the masses of missed dates and broken promises then read it from the perspective of someone who works as fraud prevention officer for PayPal and see if you can understand where I'm coming from.

Jobs like that make people overly suspicious, there's nothing I'd like more than to see this thread bumped with something more than a vague promise or a half-hearted explanation as to why another deadline has passed.

Actually that's not true, I'd love to see it bumped with a post from several happy buyers all delighted to have finally received the screens they've paid hundreds of pounds for

Quote:
Maybe they are very busy?
I'm sure they are - but if they've become busy by never comitting to a specific delivery date and sticking to it then they'll be the only manufacturer in history to do so.

There's no reason why a straight question about delivery can't be met with a straight and decisive response - if I were you, I'd ask them again
Old 26th April 2017, 16:05   #84
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Not really sure why you are so aggressive on this. My answer wasn't sarcastic, I was merely pointing out that I'm not employed there. I've had private messages from people asking if "I could sent them my details" because they wanted to come over and see the screens for themselves. It is not always clear to everybody that I don't work there.

Don't understand why you assume that I'm being sarcastic.

Whatever reason you have to feel the way you feel, is probably logical to you. And I understand why you have questions. I would suggest you aim those at the people who can answer them. Unfortunately, I'm not that person in this case.
Old 26th April 2017, 16:16   #85
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

I was part of the first batch that was ordered on the MG ZS forum ( for my Rover 45 ) and delivery took a lot longer than originally quoted, but they did turn up and were very nice.

Maybe because its such a small batch it keeps slipping down the manufacturers production schedule. I know that not right but that's the way of the world.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 17:30   #86
micksnr
Regular poster

mg zt 500

The reason for the delay is, the screens are too wide for the packaging that they use for every other screen that they supply. Two screens have been shipped and they were waiting to see what the fed back was, both screens got to their destinations ok and now the rest will be shipped this week.
Old 26th April 2017, 17:46   #87
Rooney
Suspended

Quote:
Not really sure why you are so aggressive on this..
There was nothing aggressive about my post.

I'm glad you understand why I have questions although I'm not sure why you feel you're not the person who those questions should be aimed at as you're the person who handled the money and has contact with the suppliers.

You've posted replies from them, you've passed the money to them, and you're the one who has contact info for them. If you want to pass that contact info on to your buyers I'm sure they'll be happy to ask any questions they have directly.

Once April 19th came and went people were always going to want another date not just a dismissive ''some time next week''

All the best to you, I'm sure things will work out in the end
Old 26th April 2017, 17:50   #88
Rooney
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksnr View Post
The reason for the delay is, the screens are too wide for the packaging that they use for every other screen that they supply. Two screens have been shipped and they were waiting to see what the fed back was, both screens got to their destinations ok and now the rest will be shipped this week.
That's good to know - thanks Mick.

I'm sure it will be reassuring to those who weren't in the test deliveries

It would have been nice if they'd included that info in the email they sent supervinnie which he reproduced a few posts back. Do you know which two arrived?
Old 3rd May 2017, 20:12   #89
Rooney
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksnr View Post
Two screens have been shipped and they were waiting to see what the fed back was, both screens got to their destinations ok and now the rest will be shipped this week.
Just got a text from my cousin to say still no screen a week later Mick.

I see you're online so I was wondering if you had any further updates? or even if you'd heard who has received theirs?
Old 3rd May 2017, 20:29   #90
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

I had a phone call from them today as they are dropping one off for a 260's member's screen tomorrow to me.

They have delivered a couple personally (one to Swindon) and a few have been shipped and delivered. As stated packing was an issue but sorted as they are wide...

As the 260's site is down all the orders have been done via there and lots of members who ordered there are not on here or any other forum but all are produced and all going out as we speak.
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote