Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2017, 12:58   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Smoking /vaping

How is everyone doing?

I have not touched a ciggy since I stopped and moved to vaping and still vaping 2.5 years now. Jean has stopped 14 months ago and has more or less stopped vaping.

After 2.5 years I have almost worn the batteries out in my 20w and 30w Isticks. They are not designed to be swapped, but I bought a couple of replacements and this morning replaced one as a trial. A fairly painless process which cost me £3.50 per battery, versus around £25 for a complete new Istick and the replacements are slightly higher capacity, 2500mA versus the 2200mA original.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 13:39   #2
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
How is everyone doing?

I have not touched a ciggy since I stopped and moved to vaping and still vaping 2.5 years now. Jean has stopped 14 months ago and has more or less stopped vaping.

After 2.5 years I have almost worn the batteries out in my 20w and 30w Isticks. They are not designed to be swapped, but I bought a couple of replacements and this morning replaced one as a trial. A fairly painless process which cost me £3.50 per battery, versus around £25 for a complete new Istick and the replacements are slightly higher capacity, 2500mA versus the 2200mA original.
i found it to be the most disgusting thing i have ever tried.so much rather than vape i stopped all together best £50 quid i have ever spent. so far saved hundreds
Old 26th April 2017, 14:10   #3
Mgt16
Trader

Mg zt-t

I had a couple of friends tried vaping and it sent their blood sugar through the roof I was also worried about what is actually in them and I find them more unsocial than smoking due to the amount of smoke some of them produce.
But by far my biggest issue is that you don't really give anything up you just substitute which means with most people I've seen you just go back to smoking when the cape machine breaks.
Mgt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 14:53   #4
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Mrs Sprinter changed to vaping a couple of years ago. That extra couple of grand a year comes in handy.
Old 26th April 2017, 15:02   #5
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
Mrs Sprinter changed to vaping a couple of years ago. That extra couple of grand a year comes in handy.
Ditto, off to New York in 8 weeks on 2 years saved money. Lie flat seats on plane too. Beats fags any day
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 16:01   #6
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I haven't smoked for years - stopped well before vaping was thought of. But a mate has moved to vaping and his health has improved. His hacking cough has gone and he is far less breathless.

We kept on at him to do it as it is the products of combustion, the tar the acid fumes and the smoke particles that do the damage with smoking.

So as a nicotine delivery system cigarettes etc leave an awful lot to be desired.

Vaping is a far cleaner way to satisfy a nicotine addiction- and I am no expert but being addicted to nicotine itself is not really the problem as I understand it - the problem was all the other cr@p you took onboard when smoking.

I am still amazed tho at the volume of "smoke" that billows out a car window when someone is vaping!!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 16:26   #7
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I'd say 70% of the people that i know that smoke have moved onto vaping it seems hugely popular. Some make their own liquids and are always trying new flavours. Ciggy sales must be down massively?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 17:16   #8
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post

Vaping is a far cleaner way to satisfy a nicotine addiction- and I am no expert but being addicted to nicotine itself is not really the problem as I understand it - the problem was all the other cr@p you took onboard when smoking.

I am still amazed tho at the volume of "smoke" that billows out a car window when someone is vaping!!
It is suggested not to be the nicotine to which you become addicted, but the other elements in ciggies. Nicotine is a commonly used medical drug. It is not the nicotine which does all the damage, rather it is the tar and other rubbish included in a ciggy.

I vape much less volume, than a comparable amount of ciggies. I unexpectedly found I wasn't actually addicted to smoking, so I doubt I am addicted to vaping - I just enjoy it. Cost has been absolutely minimal, just a few pence per day, so why not?

Yes, the billowing 'smoke' looks disgusting and silly to me too - completely unnecessary, but each to their own.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 17:28   #9
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Forgot how long me and SWMBO have been vaping now. We do enjoy it and yes, cost is minimal. No morning coughs and can 'power walk'lol. The clouds of smoke are caused by people 'sub ohming', not necessary really, just gimmicky IMO.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 17:55   #10
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

I have been vaping for 4 yrs,not 100% healthy i know, but i feel a lot better and don't have the bedtime cough.
One word of warning,i bought a spare starters set 2 weeks ago,not Chinese made,made in Portugal with euro safety emblems,info stated fully charged after three hours and light turns green. Noticed this was not happening,so kept a careful watch on it. This week i put a battery on charge that was from different supplier,it must have been fully charged when i put it on within 5 mins it exploded and caught fire burnt hole in kitchen worktop. This could have been because of different battery or faulty charger. The supplier gave me a replacement which is now in the garden under a bucket,4hrs and not yet turned green. Moral of story is NEVER leave unattended.
Yes swmbo is not amused about worktop.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote