Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th November 2015, 09:06   #11
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Thanks for starting this thread. The MG6 is on my shopping list for the future should the 75 wear out.
Old 29th November 2015, 10:24   #12
Dart2050
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connie SE CDTI Tourer, MGF and Triumph Bonneville America

I had a black petrol Magnette earlier this year which I really enjoyed. Sold it as insufficient rear headroom for my tall sons, both of whom are over 6ft otherwise may have kept it. Having said that, it was something of an impulse buy and I needed to free up the cash, took 3m to sell it but luckily made a few £s. It seems Jo Public just does not know what these cars are !
Best day was beating a friend up Prescott Hill Climb. He is experienced racer and could not believe how quick the MG is and really impressed with its handling, made my day. On the negative side bonnet had a lot of paint chips and the paint appeared to be very thin. Positives were handling and toys. Hill assist is great idea especially as handbrake was awkward and not very good (MG Rover hangover?) I had never had a car with satnav before and once I got the code it was ok if a bit cumbersome I would not rule out getting another MG6 but it would have to be very top spec. It will be interesting to see what the SUV is like when it comes our in February.
Dart2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 11:12   #13
basil
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default MG's NEW SUV

Sat in the New MG GS at the New MG Piccadilly,London Showroom.Very Nice.It's an AUTO Left Hand Drive.I Want A RHD AUTO,Please.I see they've bought out a ReVamped MG3 for 2016,but STILL NO NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- AUTO.Brown & Gammons in Baldock told me they could have Sold 50% MORE,if they made AUTO MG3 or MG6.I really do think MG Motor are missing a point here,cos i've been to LongBridge & the Guy's in the Showroom there,also mention they have enquiries for AUTO's?.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 17:31   #14
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Missing undertray was ordered yesterday and will get it fitted as soon as possible.

Car is going well and not much to report, im loving all the features it has like the car having its digital speedo in the dash and below the current speed the speed limit of the road you are on which flashes if your speeding.

on a sadder note my 75 was collected today by the new owner.....all the memories since Jan 2007 now resigned to photographs.....
Old 1st December 2015, 19:53   #15
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Missing undertray was ordered yesterday and will get it fitted as soon as possible.

Car is going well and not much to report, im loving all the features it has like the car having its digital speedo in the dash and below the current speed the speed limit of the road you are on which flashes if your speeding.

on a sadder note my 75 was collected today by the new owner.....all the memories since Jan 2007 now resigned to photographs.....

glad the 6 is going well and you are enjoying it I'm so tempted with the mg6 I just can't bring myself to part with my 75 yet I kept thinking of reasons to get one I've even had the go ahead from my better half just can't bring myself to part with it yet so I know were you are coming from with parting with your 75
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 14:17   #16
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
Sat in the New MG GS at the New MG Piccadilly,London Showroom.Very Nice.It's an AUTO Left Hand Drive.I Want A RHD AUTO,Please.I see they've bought out a ReVamped MG3 for 2016,but STILL NO NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- AUTO.Brown & Gammons in Baldock told me they could have Sold 50% MORE,if they made AUTO MG3 or MG6.I really do think MG Motor are missing a point here,cos i've been to LongBridge & the Guy's in the Showroom there,also mention they have enquiries for AUTO's?.
Also .naughty word,naughty word. No auto rules us out too!

Can't understand it myself. Utterly stupid!

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 16:20   #17
basil
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Smile AUTO's

We can only PRAY that Someone at MG Longbridge comes to their Senses & Realises that NOT Everyone want's a Manuel Car to drive in Today's Gridlocked Roads.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 17:44   #18
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Fitted my undertray yesterday, it comes in two parts and I was £126 for both parts including the fitting kit.

what a difference it made to the front bumper, it really strengthened it up plus obviously it helps keep all the dirt and rubbish out the engine bay.

car is still going very well and im enjoying it.
Old 15th December 2015, 08:36   #19
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

MG currently offering £2000 minimum trade in against selected MG3 and MG6 models.
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 15:17   #20
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Probably having to do it to drum up trade as today the 6 has been reported to be the 3rd worst depretiating in the UK retaining 27.1% of its original price in 3 years.

Makes it a great second hand buy though.

Last edited by RobSun; 18th December 2015 at 14:33.. Reason: to correct details
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote