Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th November 2016, 15:02   #11
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Hi Vinnie,
Put me down for one at the moment (would like two but Christmas is coming) with option for rain sensor.
Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 15:12   #12
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Yes please. Put me down with rain sensors.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 17:45   #13
Davpil
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon, MGZT

Default Heated windscreen

I'm interested in one, with rain sensor, please.

Davpil (David)
Davpil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 18:21   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

if I were replacing my screen I'd go for one. As my screen is good it is an upgrade that at the moment I'd not go for.
well done and good luck. when I need one they'll be all gone

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 23:33   #15
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

How about rear (tourer) screens? I'd like one where more than the top line of the element works...
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 00:40   #16
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts
Default Warning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
Other that have replied, please notice that I added some "conditions" to the opening post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
Would you be interested in a heated windscreen? Please say so in your comment (I can't start a poll apparently).

More info is now known:
  • Price: 175 gbp excl vat and excl p&p (210 gbp incl vat) **Price based on 16 to 20 pieces**
  • p&p: 48 gbp (insured) (For NL the shipping cost is 130 gbp (insured))
  • Options: with or without rain sensor
  • Complete contents of the kit: The windscreen itself with a few wires attached to it. You need to buy a relay, some fuses and wire it in yourself.
  • These could be made/sent out in the end of February, but only if we collect enough people before the end of this week. These screens can roughly be made 4 times a year, totally depending on the amount of interest. Less interested may push the price up. If we don't make the February batch, the price could go up for the next batch.
  • The manufacturer requires a deposit before they start manufacturing. This deposit is a minimum of 40% of the total price. Depending on how this evolves, it might be better to get a 100% deposit. Further details need to be discussed depending on how this group buy goes.

If we have enough interested people before the end of this week (before 3 December), it can go on top of the Febraury batch. If we don't have enough interested people, we will need to wait till we get at least 5 people. Please note that the price goes up when the number of screens go down. The more we get to sign up, the lower the price goes.

Pros:
- Only 250-ish
- Works well against condensation
- Works well against frost
- New windscreen means: no scratches anymore

Cons:
- You need to install it yourself (or get somebody to do it)
- Most likely not to be covered by the insurance
- The wiring needs to be done by yourself (or a technician)

I'm still waiting for some replies from a company. This topic is to gauge interest for these. Please understand that if you say that are interested, that they manufacturer assumes you are actually gonna order.

An example of how to wire in the windscreen: The kit above only includes the windscreen, nothing else.
In view of the Pro's & Cons.....

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for any work or modifications carried out on your car and you undertake any such work at your own risk.
The 75 and ZT Owners Club nor the original author of this add-on can be held liable for anything that may happen.....

You will also need to inform your Insurance company of this add-on to your car, otherwise your Insurance could be in doubt.... or invalid.

As to the poll, no you cannot start one as you are only a registered user and actually not allowed to sell on this Club's forums at your current status either.

This thread is under review by the Mods at this time and is subject to their decision.......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 01:02   #17
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

I'm interested. am getting fed up with more water on the inside of my screen than the outside. Makes sense to have the rain sensor added.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 01:03   #18
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

100% deposit isn't really a deposit - where I come from a 100% deposit is called payment in full.

I like the idea of a heated windscreen in principle but I think it's lazy to source one then tell potential buyers ''The windscreen itself with a few wires attached to it. You need to buy a relay, some fuses and wire it in yourself.''

Surely it would be better to ship something with all the components needed?
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 07:33   #19
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Yes I would like heated front screen for my 75 with rain sensor. No good on forms [email protected]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 08:04   #20
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenesmus View Post
How about rear (tourer) screens? I'd like one where more than the top line of the element works...
That sounds more like you need to source a second hand rear screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
In view of the Pro's & Cons.....

Disclaimer:
As to the poll, no you cannot start one as you are only a registered user and actually not allowed to sell on this Club's forums at your current status either.

This thread is under review by the Mods at this time and is subject to their decision.......
There is no selling here. After searching for heated screens, I got the offer to jump in on a group buy. I thought it was only fair to inform other members about this, and get them the chance to jump in as well. I'm not making these, I'm not the one who sells them, I'm not getting any money out of this, I'm not the one getting paid. So there is nothing I'm selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.mc.g View Post
100% deposit isn't really a deposit - where I come from a 100% deposit is called payment in full.

I like the idea of a heated windscreen in principle but I think it's lazy to source one then tell potential buyers ''The windscreen itself with a few wires attached to it. You need to buy a relay, some fuses and wire it in yourself.''

Surely it would be better to ship something with all the components needed?
I don't offer these. Giving you the service you ask for would mean getting them shipped to NL, buying those items and adding them to the price, and then sending them back to the UK again. I'm happy to do that for you, but you should expect a price exceeding 500 gbp, because of the very expensive shipping. What I say in my post is what the company offers as a group buy. They don't offer any other components, and the few things needed are very simple and basic electronic components. You might have a friend who is able to help you, and otherwise I'm sure somebody will write a how-to for the forum. I'm just giving you guys the chance to jump in on this.