Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th April 2017, 20:15   #21
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Err, it's grey
Apart from that
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 20:17   #22
Rikki
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190, Land Rover Series IIA, KIA Pro C'eed VR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Err, it's grey
Your not helping Brian its err on the Greyscale
Born Monday, 14th July 2003 @ 12:51:51
9,940th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
2,948th ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
1,042nd ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
Done: Cam belt and aux belts. Water pump, pulleys and tensioners, Hunter wheel alignment, New thermostat and housing, Plenum guard mod, refix undertray, Bonnet cable mod, upgraded Balance VIS motor, One empty bank account, one nervous breakdown.
Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 20:25   #23
Rikki
Loves to post

For the record before anything else thinks I am bricking it,(which I found slightly offensive- but its a squaddie term and I maybe reading far more into it than intended) I am into the car for a grand( paid up front) got nearly £250 worth of bits in the boot and its booked in to get it all done-(Cam belt, tensioners, Pulleys , water pump, all filters. plugs etc)
I have asked for some work to be done on the car from both people on this forum and from others (recommended by people on this forum) the money for that is put aside as once I give my word on a deal that's no longer my money-

The timing of this trip I have to make is not good, in an ideal world it would all be done before hand and this post wouldnt exist, but I don't suppose my father had that in mind when he decided to expire - If I had not bought the car I would have had the cash to pay for a hire- but as I said the timing of it all is dog manure
Done: Cam belt and aux belts. Water pump, pulleys and tensioners, Hunter wheel alignment, New thermostat and housing, Plenum guard mod, refix undertray, Bonnet cable mod, upgraded Balance VIS motor, One empty bank account, one nervous breakdown.

Last edited by Rikki; 24th April 2017 at 21:05..
Old 24th April 2017, 21:57   #24
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithA View Post
Do you have business use insurance on you Rover? If not you could be in an awkward spot if you have a prang.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Most insurance companies will add business use for no charge, definitely notify them though. Better safe than sorry
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 22:16   #25
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
For the record before anything else thinks I am bricking it,(which I found slightly offensive- but its a squaddie term and I maybe reading far more into it than intended) I am into the car for a grand( paid up front) got nearly £250 worth of bits in the boot and its booked in to get it all done-(Cam belt, tensioners, Pulleys , water pump, all filters. plugs etc)
I have asked for some work to be done on the car from both people on this forum and from others (recommended by people on this forum) the money for that is put aside as once I give my word on a deal that's no longer my money-

The timing of this trip I have to make is not good, in an ideal world it would all be done before hand and this post wouldnt exist, but I don't suppose my father had that in mind when he decided to expire - If I had not bought the car I would have had the cash to pay for a hire- but as I said the timing of it all is dog manure
It will be fine trust me

The one thing that these cars do excel at is soaking up big mileages in comfort.

The last big drive I did in a ZT, without a single stop I hasten to add, was a drive from Cardigan Bay in South Wales to Newcastle.

I got home, opened the door, got out strolled down the drive, looked back at the car and thought.......I could do it all again without a single regret

There is no reason to think negatively about the trip, yes the timing could have been better, but that's life, simply enjoy the ride and get a bit more acquainted with the car......you'll love it

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 22:30   #26
Rikki
Loves to post

I know Brian but with everything going on, having doubts over the car - even unfounded ones, is making me snappy , I unreservedly apologise to all and anyone I have offended, bad time and bad timing
Old 24th April 2017, 23:11   #27
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Rikki. I have always been a fatalist. In other words, if anything happens, it happens. I know someone who spent thousands on his almost new( two years old) car before he went for a driving holiday in Europe. He only got to France,Ostend,when the gearbox went awol. The only thing he had not done anything too I think. As long as you have got your feet on the ground, you can always get over any difficulty that happens, wheather you have money or not. Don't be despondent. Do your journey, and just don't belt it if you are worried about the belts.
Old 24th April 2017, 23:16   #28
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
I know Brian but with everything going on, having doubts over the car - even unfounded ones, is making me snappy , I unreservedly apologise to all and anyone I have offended, bad time and bad timing
No need to apologise Rikki, that's for Walter Softy......up this neck of the woods, we're more.......dare I say it Dennis the Menace

Just concentrate on the job in hand, the car will be ok, and all of the things you have planned for it will still happen

Brian
Old 24th April 2017, 23:21   #29
Rikki
Loves to post

Thanks guys... tis appreciated, spent my life making the best of a bad lot, you would have thought I would have learnt by now - going to bow out of the forum for a few days to stop making an idiot of myself- will be back once the funeral is over and have regained some composure and a little self respect
Old 24th April 2017, 23:28   #30
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Thanks guys... tis appreciated, spent my life making the best of a bad lot, you would have thought I would have learnt by now - going to bow out of the forum for a few days to stop making an idiot of myself- will be back once the funeral is over and have regained some composure and a little self respect
You're not making an idiot of yourself, for me at least the cars are secondary to the friends I've made while I've been on here

It won't harm to sort out the important things first off, and then return when you're refreshed and ready.

I'll look forward to taking the mystique out of your "Monogram Tarmacadam" for you soon

Take care

Brian