Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th April 2017, 21:27   #1
AidenTingley
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Feedback required for owners

So I have my car for sale in the cars for sale section. It is also advertised on AutoTrader and I have 0 responses after 4 days.

I would really appreciate some feedback... am I asking to much for my car?

I am not using this as extra advertisement. Just feedback only.

Thanks
Aiden
AidenTingley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 21:34   #2
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenTingley View Post
So I have my car for sale in the cars for sale section. It is also advertised on AutoTrader and I have 0 responses after 4 days.

I would really appreciate some feedback... am I asking to much for my car?
Hi Aiden

With the uncertainty about diesel tax it's not a good time to be selling any heavy oil car.

You don't have enough photos to be sure of any valuation - what's the interior like?

You haven't shown the reg so people can't check the mot history - in my experience people will move on to the next one if they can't check the history of an english plated car.

Improve the ad, give it a week or so, reassess the price after that
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 21:35   #3
KeithA
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conny Tourer Auto

4 days isn't a long time in the great scheme of things. I wouldn't say that it's necessarily too much but I would say that it is fairly 'strong'/enthusiasts' money and that personally I would want to see more and better photos of the car and perhaps more detail in the ad before I'd travel too far to see it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Old 24th April 2017, 21:47   #4
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

The following comment is not a derogatory remark against the price....just an observation.

It used to be that good Diesel autos were few and far between.......everybody wanted them.

But due to the current tax situation, there do seem to be a sudden glut of diesels all over the place.

I'm not saying that it is over priced.....I'm saying you may have to wait a while for either the tax thing to settle down of the right buyer to turn up.

It does look tidy. But as already said...... get some more detailed photos up.....sell it better.
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 21:52   #5
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Aiden

Look at your ad as if it were someone else's car. Would you be interested, does the ad tell you everything you need to know, do the pictures show all there is to see?

A good ad should leave the prospective buyer with only two questions; does it match in the flesh what's been listed and what's the best price.

I note you are just 23 with a wife, 2 kids, 1 dog and 3 cats. They must grow up quickly around your way. Credit to you for driving a 75, can't be many your age that would.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 22:25   #6
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

It sounds like a well specced car, but if you want the price you are asking you will have to wait until someone who really wants one to come along

Sadly it's a buyers market at the moment, and all of the tosh surrounding environmental concerns doesn't help.

Many will panic sell their cars based on the as yet unknown punitive measures that may or may not be taken in respect of diesel cars.

My advice is to include more pictures, interior etc, and as much detail as you can crcam into your advert.

The problem in terms of advertising your car here, is many members already have their ideal car, but it's not all doom and gloom, as there are plenty of prospective purchasers who see this as the ideal place to buy their ideal car.

You may have to be patient, but it will sell

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 05:22   #7
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

I personally feel your asking to much for your car, there are no interior pictures, and two side pictures rarely tell the story.

Also I didnt see if it was auto / manual.

IMO thats a car that would sell around the £1200 mark, not prehaps what you want to hear but thats the truth.

Loads of photos, from various angles, one of each alloy, interior, drivers seat, image of millage, one of steering wheel and so on.

I can tell you dont want to sell her, but if needs must

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 25th April 2017 at 05:29..
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 06:26   #8
Annie
Avid contributor

2002 CDT Auto Con SE Saloon

also, a lot of members are practical people and prefer to buy a car for £500 and spend time fixing it at their own pace. lovely car you have but the market is dead at the moment with uncertainty and i fear you may struggle for buyers even at £1000, just my opinion but i have sold 5 cars this year and all made a lot less than i thought they would
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 14:10   #9
berkshirelad
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE

OK, just looked at your ad on the forum.

Checked the reg with SmartCar app and this shows that although it has an MoT, it hasn't had a 'clean' MoT for some years - ie there have been fails or advisories. This may well be before your ownership, but together with the partial service history, would lead me to believe that it has not been particularly cherished. There are plenty of others out there at the moment that you are competing with.

Secondly, you have 2 pictures showing the left-hand side. This would lead somebody to ask themselves, what's he hiding on the other side. Also, the lack of interior pictures is a worry.

Thirdly, there is no clue as to transmission type. Is it manual or auto? Without interior pictures, I cannot even deduce this
berkshirelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 17:54   #10
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

PM sent mate to give you an idea

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023