Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd June 2015, 18:59   #1
archermav
Avid contributor

Range Rover TDV8

Default 54 plate 2.5 connie se auto *SOLD*

Righto,

As some may know, I purchased this car from Stubie a couple of months back. (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=201334).

She was a lovely old thing and I was a happy boy. However, beginning of May this year she overheated and the RAC were dispatched to drag me home. They diagnosed HGF, however, thanks to the chaps on here

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru....php?t=215202: bowdown:

it was diagnosed as a thermostat issue. Now, I declared it fixed, however, over the last couple of days I've noticed coolant loss and a strong whiff of coolant. This may well be just old stuff burning off OR even my imagination.

She does not overheat, temp gauge gets to the nine o'clock position. The fan works on all settings etc etc. But I'm getting paranoid about the car and really have no confidence in it. Wifey will not use it in case it breaks down again.

Pics below as she is now. Sat Nav no longer works, water got into the boot. Never really got to the bottom of how water gets in, possibly the boot seal?

Sunroof motor replaced as the previous one burnt out due to the fact the interior cover is loose and the mechanism got caught up. Sunroof does work, but I only open it, not take it back.

Powerfolds work fine, as do the heated seats, reverse sensors, headlight wash.

MOT passed 31st January with no advisories

All in all, if someone can crack what I consider to be the coolant issue I'm sure she will be a cracking car, but I do not want to go down that path and have set my heart on a supercharged Range Rover of XJR.

I've posted the more obvious signs of scuffs etc. She is black so shows up her scars.

Other than the items mentioned, everything electrical works (I had to strip the CD changer in the govebox but all good now)

Even the IPK is set to read miles an hour, fancy trick but I like it.

I've two keys to her, and there is some history, although I've not had a service carried out.

Stubie also told me that the wiring was in place for cruise to be fitted.

So, there she is. As to price, as I cannot make any guarantee of the quality of my workmanship, so how does £700 sound?

cheeRS
archermav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 07:33   #2
archermav
Avid contributor

Range Rover TDV8

Sold, should be collected Friday
Old 3rd June 2015, 21:57   #3
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

That didn't take long.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 11:09   #4
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Lovely car, and I'm glad it's sold so easily!
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2015, 10:28   #5
archermav
Avid contributor

Range Rover TDV8

Righto,
She is back up for sale. The prospective buyer viewed this morning, and I can only apologise to him for his wasted trip.

I genuinely have never noticed, but in todays beautiful sunlight and from a certain angle you can clearly see that the rear nearside door has been painted

It appears that whoever did the paint has also blended around the rear nearside quarter.

The boot floor seems fine, so I would assume that it was not anything substantial, but there it is.

I can't believe that I've never noticed it before, but equally I've never examined it in such detail as I did this morning.

So, there we go, she has had paint and has some battle scars.
Old 6th June 2015, 09:45   #6
archermav
Avid contributor

Range Rover TDV8

I've just put her on ebay for a five day auction, no reserve. Could be a bargain for bits.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-2.../281714126884?

cheeRS
Old 6th June 2015, 10:14   #7
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

ArcherNav I was surprised to read about the rear door had been repainted, I can honestly say I, like you, never spotted that in all the times I cleaned it in my ownership.

As for the coolant loss, when I got the new rad fitted , the original was leaking coolant out of the bottom corner, I fitted a replacement set of V6 cooling bars to replace the rusted original ones, the replacements were stainless and looked professionally made up like the Rimmer type but Lates commented that the champher bit at the end was rather weedy, I wonder if the coolant is being lost from there, might be worth nipping up the jubilee clips on the hoses to see if that stops the leak.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2015, 11:38   #8
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
ArcherNav I was surprised to read about the rear door had been repainted, I can honestly say I, like you, never spotted that in all the times I cleaned it in my ownership.

As for the coolant loss, when I got the new rad fitted , the original was leaking coolant out of the bottom corner, I fitted a replacement set of V6 cooling bars to replace the rusted original ones, the replacements were stainless and looked professionally made up like the Rimmer type but Lates commented that the champher bit at the end was rather weedy, I wonder if the coolant is being lost from there, might be worth nipping up the jubilee clips on the hoses to see if that stops the leak.

Stubs
this is a very good point; having just put the Rimmers SS (MGR) coolant rail on I have spent two weeks tweaking the jubilee clips and this has sorted itself finally. Slight whiff of coolant gone. On mine the original pipe was so corroded it had swelled a fair bit and I think this meant the rubber pipes were not a super tight fit initially so the work is being done by the clips! Looks a lovely car so good luck and hope someone gets it. Sounds like the painting has been very professionally done.
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2015, 12:51   #9
archermav
Avid contributor

Range Rover TDV8

Gents,
It could be something that simple, I've no real idea so someone could be getting an absolute steal.
Old 6th June 2015, 14:30   #10
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

Can I ask what's the longest you have driven it since the breakdown ?

Thanks

Robert
Robti is offline   Reply With Quote