Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th February 2024, 21:43   #1
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullnose75 View Post
I used these switchback DRL's mate. Am well happy with them so far. I cut and lengthened the wiring (soldered and heat shrink tubing) between the LED's and their gold resistors so I could fix the resistors more securely to metal framework of the Rover and not leave them dangling about in mid air.
Then wired the DRL's up via a five pole changeover relay so that they are on whenever ignition is in the run position (ignition feed to relay from fusebox in car behind glovebox) Then spliced a wire into sidelight wiring to run to relay to trip relay and turn off DRL's whenever sidelights come on. Think I wired the relay 85 to Earth. 30 to Ignition live. 87a to DRL's. So DRL's are on whenever ignition is on/engine running.
And 86 to sidelight feed to trip relay and turn DRL's off whenever sidelights or sidelights and headlights are on.
Paul
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-PY21W-...72.m2749.l2649
So here we are just over 5 years since you posted this, and I've just completed my installation earlier today. They went in a treat, plus I fitted two new clear indicator lenses as the old ones were minging & half-full of water. The sidelight cut-out feature with the relay is pretty smart. I piggy-backed off fuse 4 in the engine compartment so they're powered by the ignition. So thanks for putting this up.

Dougie.
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote