Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th April 2008, 18:00   #1
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Default How To Install A Tourer OEM Bass Speaker

As These are Currently Available from Les at SMC Trading I thought I would do a How To for Installing one as they are not Quite as Straight Forward as may first Appear.

Only Special Tools Besides Sockets and Screwdrivers is a T25 Torx Screwdriver.

There is two different Rears on Tourers, those with the covered CD Player Hideaway on the Left hand Side and Those without.

To Finish the Job off you will need the Grill Cover Trim panel ERS100190LNF £39.13 + vat
Also Best Required is the Complete new Side Trim Panel: TBA
You can of course trim your own which I am in the Process of Doing to save Money.

The View With a Built In Panel For CD/DVD Player before Starting

Remove "D" Pillar Cover. This can be Gently Removed by Hand Easing the Four Yellow clips.
You will before the End of this Break Some so you may need to Purchase some more From XPart.

Now Set About removing any Cables and CD/DVD Player Behind Panel.

A 4BA Box Spanner Fits the Nuts Perfectly to remove.

The Empty Space Now Revealed

Undo the Bolts In Net Holder Brackets

You will then be able to Lever out this Top Panel with Vents on. Be Very Careful The Clips break very Easily on this.

You will now be able to Gain Access to the Bolts in Each of the Black Upper Black Square Recesses.

There is a T25 Torx Bolt-head which has to be Loosened on Blind Catch to Release Fitting.

A Bolt is also by Rear Entrance to Tourer Tailgate needing removal. Notice the Broken yellow Fitting. Dam.

From Back seat Release the Side Leather Trim to seat. This just lifts upward and pulls out.

This Reveals another Bolt to be removed.

In the Floor Panel Remove Plate from Under the Catch for Nets and Securing Point. This comes out with Small Screwdriver and your Nails. (Or Wireless Pliers) Then remove the Two securing Bolts/Screws which hold this in.
There is also another fitting over Wheel area for net also needing same treatment.

There is also two securing clips which hold carpet/Fixture to Floor. Gently lever them out.

You can now slowly remove whole section carefully, You will have to lift Floor to clear one end.
I found it easier removing from Seat end first. You will See what I mean.

Now remove whole panel which is in one piece.
Careful not to hit Roof lining.

This is the View with everything removed.

This is the Vent which should at this stage be shut.
If the vanes are open this is how water gets in and needs attention.

Now ensure Cables are free to move back into place.
You will also note the R41 Code that is for Tourers with R40 purely for Saloons.

At the Tailgate End you will notice a Large Round hole, one end of Bass Speaker Unit slots into this.

At Wheel arch section you will notice the round hole with cut in slot for other end of Bass Box cabinet to slot/mount into.

The speaker Unit is then positioned into space firmly ready to wire up.

This is the Connecting plug 4 pin for the Bass Unit.
It is part of the wiring loom for the Harmon Kardon Hi Line Upgrade to Sound System.
You can of course either make your own loom or get a Separate Amp for the Bass and use output from the normal Speakers,
but this isn't the best way to get decent sound.

This is showing the loom for all the System (Its my spare for demonstration purposes.)

This is the Part Number for the One which fits Tourer marked Land Rover (Most Confusing)

Bass Speaker pod mounted and wired and sounds Good.
Much better than the basic 8 Speaker HK System and amp on its own.
I will be ordering the Front Cover from XPart.

Fitting the rest of bits is a Reversal of before.
You as has been mentioned earlier cut out the recess required in your old panel or purchase the Proper one.
I cheated and cut.

Thats it hope it helped.
Not a Quick job so allow a Couple of hours to do whole thing.

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for any work or modifications carried out on your car and you undertake any such work at your own risk. The 75 and ZT Owners Club nor the original author of this How-To can be held liable for anything that may happen as a result of you following this How-To.

Last edited by GreyGhost; 25th May 2008 at 22:09..
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 22:19   #2
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

John's Sub-woofer How To.....
Followed the instructions, perfect, until the pic of the speaker installed. Put mine like this and couldn't get the side panel back in place (hence my earlier question re mountings).
I don't know if this is how John's final installation was, or if he expected us to use a bit of common sense!
However, after a little thought (it often helps), I realised how it should fit.
So......................

Speaker in place, BEHIND tinware.

Fixing 1

Fixing 2

Fixing 3

Now it all fits!!!

But it doesn't compete with what came out......

Don't know if this helps or not, but if it does, perhaps John can add it to his how-to.

Mick

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for any work or modifications carried out on your car and you undertake any such work at your own risk. The 75 and ZT Owners Club nor the original author of this How-To can be held liable for anything that may happen as a result of you following this How-To.

Last edited by GreyGhost; 25th May 2008 at 22:09..
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote