Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th June 2007, 20:06   #1
msj

Rover 75

Unhappy Cooling fan motor

Hi!

I have a Rover 75 V6 2,5 and my cooling fan motor has burn so I order a new one from SMC and get it mounted for just 3 weeks ago. Last week the new cooling fan motor just totaly burn?! Can anyone tell me how it works, at low speed the motor get one +12V and one earth, at medium speed it gets +12V at two brush and earh at on brush? At high speed it gets +12V at two brush and earth at two brush?
If this is right the car can not get the fan motor to burn?
Can the motor I get have a faulty from the manufactures?

//Morgan
msj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 21:22   #2
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

A little difficult to understand exactly what you mean, but if you have purchased a new motor and it has failed in use within the warantee period then you you should return it for repair or replacement under the warantee.

Hope I read your post right.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 07:53   #3
JohnFol
Gets stuck in

75 Conn SE - X***VWY

Hi Morgam and welcome.

SMC (presuming you mean the eBay one rather than the Iver / Slough / Wycombe dealer) are a regular poster here and are recommend by many members.

However .. . . . I agree with Mr Ghost. What exactly have you done, and what happened to it?

Did it go the same way as the last one??
JohnFol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 11:37   #4
msj

Rover 75

I’m sorry about my bad English, I’m from Sweden.
Yes I by the new motor from eBay and my problem is why the new fan motor was burning?
What I wont to know is if the fan motor get electric power as I tried to explain, my question is when medium speed relay is energised did it first release the low speed relay? And when high speed relay is energised did it first release the medium speed relay or is all three relay energised at high speed? The reason for this is when I get a new motor I must be sure that is not something fault in the car witch can cause the new motor to burn. If the cooling fan motor get electric power as I describe the car can’t cause the new motor to burn and I think I have get a motor witch was faulty from manufacture.
The dealer (SMC / eBay) where I purchase the new cooling fan motor have been very accommodating and promise me a new fan motor as soon as they receive the faulty one so I am very pleased how they handled my problem and can recommend this dealer very much.

Regards
Morgan
Old 11th June 2007, 13:02   #5
SMC Trading
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by msj View Post
I’m sorry about my bad English, I’m from Sweden.
Yes I by the new motor from eBay and my problem is why the new fan motor was burning?
What I wont to know is if the fan motor get electric power as I tried to explain, my question is when medium speed relay is energised did it first release the low speed relay? And when high speed relay is energised did it first release the medium speed relay or is all three relay energised at high speed? The reason for this is when I get a new motor I must be sure that is not something fault in the car witch can cause the new motor to burn. If the cooling fan motor get electric power as I describe the car can’t cause the new motor to burn and I think I have get a motor witch was faulty from manufacture.
The dealer (SMC / eBay) where I purchase the new cooling fan motor have been very accommodating and promise me a new fan motor as soon as they receive the faulty one so I am very pleased how they handled my problem and can recommend this dealer very much.

Regards
Morgan
I am glad you signed up to this forum from the leaflet I enclosed with your purchase.

We are happy to replace it for you although there is no warranty we can claim on, please ensure there is not a problem with the car as we will not be able to change it again if it burns out a 3rd time.
SMC Trading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 10:04   #6
msj

Rover 75

Yes, now have SMC receive my faulty fan motor and just an half hour after they receive it the parcel with the new motor was ready too leaving and I get the tracking number.
This is VERY good and fast service. Thank You SMC.
Old 13th June 2007, 10:16   #7
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Thanks Les, perfect gent as always.

And very appropriate advice as well.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 13:26   #8
crofts
I really should get out more.......

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Default Fan Motor

Warms the cockles of me 'art.
Just good to know there is a caring company out there. So rare these days. Good on 'yer SMC !:lol:
crofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 22:51   #9
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Great Service from Les at SMC as Usual.
There must be a fault I would have thought to cause these to just burn out?
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote