Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th February 2008, 22:20   #21
Rupert
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 1.8T

Assuming the existence of these miracle Osram bulbs is not a wind up, I just might give them a go when I'm MOT'd next month. Where's the best place to get them (Halfords seems to hold mixed feelings among the membership!)? Certainly a cheaper initial option than the full xenons that I really want!
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 12:50   #22
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
Can anybody tell me if it is possible to have the halogen headlights on my ZT 1.8T converted/upgraded to the xenon variety as fitted to SE models?
Sorry if I'm repeating anything, but I didn't see the following suggestion in the thread. I'd have thought the easiest and cheapest way to do this is to replace the lamp units with the halogen projector ones. These are nowhere near the price of the projector HID units. You can them swap the dipped beam bulbs for HIDs using a burner/ballast kit available from eBay and elsewhere. This doesn't give you the original factory specification, but I don't think this was part of your question.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 12:54   #23
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Sorry if I'm repeating anything, but I didn't see the following suggestion in the thread. I'd have thought the easiest and cheapest way to do this is to replace the lamp units with the halogen projector ones. These are nowhere near the price of the projector HID units. You can them swap the dipped beam bulbs for HIDs using a burner/ballast kit available from eBay and elsewhere. This doesn't give you the original factory specification, but I don't think this was part of your question.

TC
I'm hoping to do the full OEM setup - just to see if it can be done.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote