Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th December 2013, 00:32   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Default Anyone got a free Rover 75 1.8.....

No seriously this may shock a few of you to ask for one but i've plan.

I've been thinking about this heavily since the Scally Rally 2012 was removed from Ireland.

No what I would love to do in 2014 is acquire a rough or very unloved rover 75 1.8 and through out the year collect donations of parts and get it restored.

Then the plan would be in 2015 to take the car to events through out ireland, and then sell tickets at £10 for the car to anyone, at events, and through the forums also.

The draw would be made on the 2015 owners day in Tully more with the goal to have the car mot ready for the 2014 annual owners day.

A 1.8 is best as fewest things to break, easiest for anyone to insure and lowest tax also. Also to keep it on the road and costs down, I wouldnt want to have to myself pay for timing belts on a v6 or a turbo etc....

I feel the car could be made to literally connie se spec with all the good will people here provide and from my own parts stash.

The aim is to build a "ireland club" car and raise money for a charity local to both NI/UK and the ROI combined, or splitting it 50/50 between a uk and south charity.

Im thinking specifically helping children causes.

So folks the challenge is set, I found a Rover 75 for £100 two years ago so can folks help me find one free specifically to be used to help children's charities.

When the scally rally fell through after I personally bought the car ( http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=91675 ) I did some basic work myself, upgrades, restored the car to dare I say it better than new condition and then sold it on.

I sold the car for £550, and after all my costs (not including my own phone calls, time, buying parts myself etc) I only made £30 so im not out to con anyone believe me!

The Scally Rally car is still on the road today which im proud to say, I saved it from the scrapyard.

I've many contacts and feel confident I can get lots of sponsorship for bits and parts etc. Ive already spoken to my classic insurance company who will cover me on my own policy for a 1.8 as an additional car for minimum outlay.

So folks, can you help me make this happen? I feel that I along with other helps and sponsors could raise some serious cash for charity this way, who wouldnt on this forum want to risk a tener for a MOT'd and sorted Rover 75!

The big issue for me is being in NI, it would help if the car was local, but a ROI car would be spot on also and I dare say I could arrange a ferry to the mainland also.

So folks, please help.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote