Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th March 2009, 19:55   #1
Ratdogfink
Loves to post

Talking 1.8T Coolant Tee piece

Hi all. 1.8T connie 03.
I have been trying to track down the source of a small coolant leak for some time. I overfilled the little expansion tank today and immediately saw coolant coming from the top of the coolant hose Tee piece. (As the level was above the T piece). This is obscured by a small pipe running above the T piece. It is in the joint in the plastic. I tried X part web site and Premier web site but apparently they don't seem to list parts on their sites, under maintenance you just get paint touch up or maybe carpets. Does anyone know the part number and cost of the plastic T piece? As I have been reading about coolant and modifications, is there an alternative part that is not so weak?
Ratdogfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 20:48   #2
eskezz
Loves to post

rover 75 saloon

Member Gerry on here has made a bespoke T piece for me and others in this club. A fine bit of kit in metal and pressure tested by him as well.
eskezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 20:56   #3
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

send him a pm.got the stainless steel version on mine works a treat

pab
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 21:00   #4
Ratdogfink
Loves to post

Many thanks for that. Is it Gerry T or Gerry 3? I take it must be Gerry T. Sounds a good part. I'll PM him up (Gerry T). Just looked Gerry T is a HGV driver and Gerry 3 retired welder. Any one know which one makes the T piece so I don't hassle the wrong person
Thanks.

Last edited by Ratdogfink; 14th March 2009 at 21:06..
Old 14th March 2009, 21:39   #5
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdogfink View Post
Many thanks for that. Is it Gerry T or Gerry 3? I take it must be Gerry T. Sounds a good part. I'll PM him up (Gerry T). Just looked Gerry T is a HGV driver and Gerry 3 retired welder. Any one know which one makes the T piece so I don't hassle the wrong person
Thanks.
Its Gerry3. I have the original metal T piece made by Gerry fitted to my car for almost a year now. Well worth the money. I understand the new ones are stainless. The name is a bit confusing as I was the guinea pig and called it the GerryTee piece. There is now a member called GerryT.

Steve

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 21:53   #6
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

The Gerry T. Buy one. Fit it. Forget it.
Recommended 100%

T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 22:43   #7
Ratdogfink
Loves to post

Many thanks for the replies. Will do. I found the leak!
Happy Otter.
Old 15th March 2009, 10:12   #8
magranville
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8t Contemporary SE

The T piece on my car is leaking. I took it back to the garage I bought it from replaced the pipe to the PRT not the T. Leak stopped for a few days but noticed today that there is a slight ooze again. I received in the post yesterday the famous Gerry Tee (thanks again Gerry) which I am getting fitted at my local xpart dealer on Thursday along with the coolant and brake fluid changed. The service man at the xpart garage said what a good idea the Gerry Tee is as they do a lot of work as a result of coolant loss. I will let you know how I get on.

Marcus
magranville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 18:37   #9
Time Searcher
Loves to post

ZT-T+ 120 MkII XPwr Grey Commission # 31647

Default Turbo /non Turbo Tee Piece

Slight Hi-jack here, but...
I have contacted Gerry3 about the supply of a Gerry Tee, but I have a 1.8 non Turbo and so I do not require the 8mm pipe for turbo cooling. I have just been out to the car to take a photograph of the item but can't get back far enough to get all the item in. What I really need to know is the Tee on the non-Turbo physically the same as on the Turbo?
Looking at the exploded diagrams, I find the non-Turbo part is #PFK000080 and the Turbo part is #PFK000040. The hoses to the Tee are different obviously but I reckon that they are likely to be the same int. diam, what do the gurus think?
I have the PRT factory fitted on the very late build 1.8 ZTT.
I need this information to pass to Gerry who has agreed to make a stainless Tee for me, but he needs to know if any changes are required. [he will leave the turbo tube off].
Would aircraft type jubilee clips be satisfactory to replace the clips fitted on assembly?
Cheers,
Martin
Time Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 21:41   #10
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Searcher View Post
- - - - I have a 1.8 non Turbo and so I do not require the 8mm pipe for turbo cooling.
No, the non-turbo doesn't have the 8mm branch from the T-piece.

Quote:
What I really need to know is the Tee on the non-Turbo physically the same as on the Turbo?
I'd say so, because the 1.8 radiator and PRT is the same part for both engines. That means the hoses have the same bore and therefore the T-piece.

Quote:
Looking at the exploded diagrams, I find the non-Turbo part is #PFK000080 and the Turbo part is #PFK000040. The hoses to the Tee are different obviously but I reckon that they are likely to be the same int. diam, what do the gurus think?
I agree with that.

Quote:
I have the PRT factory fitted on the very late build 1.8 ZTT.
Remember that only engines with the PRT have this T-piece. There no T-piece on engines fitted with a conventional thermostat.

Quote:
I need this information to pass to Gerry who has agreed to make a stainless Tee for me, but he needs to know if any changes are required. [he will leave the turbo tube off].
The standard design, without the 8mm branch should be OK.

Quote:
Would aircraft type jubilee clips be satisfactory to replace the clips fitted on assembly?
Anything would be better than the original clips. I'm not familiar with aircraft type Jubilees, but the ordinary ones are excellent (genuine branded Jubilee that is).

Last edited by T-Cut; 15th March 2009 at 21:47..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote