Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th June 2009, 20:19   #11
mark_bonsai
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

I've got this one for sale.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=36207
Re-mapped. EGR bypass. De-catted. 18" Apex's. ZT190 brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harman Kardon speakers & sub. Navall 2 double din through 500w Kenwood amp. Fully chromed front grill.
mark_bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 21:05   #12
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Fitted the grom unit couple of months ago, just using a mem stick, works fine
I bought the Grom intrface for an Ipod a couple of weeks back. Wouldn't work with my Symphony.

The guys I bought it from were good enough to change it for the MK 2 version (which should have cost an extra £20). Fitted that yesterday - stll won't work.

The Ipod "sees" the Grom interface and charges ok, but the Symphony won't recognise the Grom unit, and simply switches between radio & tape when you press the "tape/CD" button.

Grateful for any ideas (if there are any) before I go for a refund tomorrow.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 21:15   #13
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
I bought the Grom intrface for an Ipod a couple of weeks back. Wouldn't work with my Symphony.

The guys I bought it from were good enough to change it for the MK 2 version (which should have cost an extra £20). Fitted that yesterday - stll won't work.

The Ipod "sees" the Grom interface and charges ok, but the Symphony won't recognise the Grom unit, and simply switches between radio & tape when you press the "tape/CD" button.

Grateful for any ideas (if there are any) before I go for a refund tomorrow.

Cliff

Hi Cliff, I went for the mem stick ver as I don't have an ipod, unit came with mini iso plug ( blue one) As I have the hiline setup this was no good to me as rhe plug to my CD player is the black 2x5pin. After a few emails I managed to get them to send me the pin outs on the interface they use on the grom. Then it was heart in mouth time, I cut the plug off the cd changer, cut plug off Grom unit and discarded. Then wired up the corresponding pin numbers: Pos, neg, Kbus and 4 speaker wires.

Works fine now, created 6 folders on mem stick and can load up to 99 tracks in each folder ( memstick size permitting)

Edit: may be worth checking 12v+, 12v- and kbus are wired correctly

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 28th June 2009 at 21:19..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 07:18   #14
Teflon
This is my second home

Thanks, I may give that a shot.

The Symphony has the blue mini ISO, so in theory it should just "plug & play". Really frustrating.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 30th June 2009, 17:26   #15
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Hi Cliff, I went for the mem stick ver as I don't have an ipod, unit came with mini iso plug ( blue one) As I have the hiline setup this was no good to me as rhe plug to my CD player is the black 2x5pin. After a few emails I managed to get them to send me the pin outs on the interface they use on the grom. Then it was heart in mouth time, I cut the plug off the cd changer, cut plug off Grom unit and discarded. Then wired up the corresponding pin numbers: Pos, neg, Kbus and 4 speaker wires.

Works fine now, created 6 folders on mem stick and can load up to 99 tracks in each folder ( memstick size permitting)

Edit: may be worth checking 12v+, 12v- and kbus are wired correctly

Stocktake,

I seem to have the same problem as Teflon. My GROM unit arrived today and the Blue plug just fitted straight in to the back of my Symphony radio cassette, but like Teflon, the unit refuses to recognise the GROM. Power goes to it fine because the memory stick lights up.

You mentioned you managed to get a pin out diagram, and switch things around a bit to get yours going. Any chance of telling up what goes where?

Also Teflon, did you manage to sort yours out? It seems that GROM has something wrong with their adapter harness for two of us to have the same problem

Grateful for any help that might me out there.,
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 18:08   #16
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Will have a look tonight and see if I can find it

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 30th June 2009, 19:31   #17
Teflon
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post

Also Teflon, did you manage to sort yours out? It seems that GROM has something wrong with their adapter harness for two of us to have the same problem

Grateful for any help that might me out there.,
The company I bought mine fron (Carputer shop) have raised a support docket with the makers of the Grom and have promised an update later this week. They think, however, that a refund is likely to be the only option. This is the second unit I've had with this problem - the first was a mark one which they replaced with a mark two.

I'll let you kmow how it pans out.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 30th June 2009, 20:21   #18
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
The company I bought mine fron (Carputer shop) have raised a support docket with the makers of the Grom and have promised an update later this week. They think, however, that a refund is likely to be the only option. This is the second unit I've had with this problem - the first was a mark one which they replaced with a mark two.

I'll let you kmow how it pans out.

Cliff

I got mine direct from GROM in USA and it is a Mark 2 also. I've also sent a request for support on their website, so will probably get the same reply. I just also had a reply from a guy called Richard at Carputer shop who offered to chase them up for me if it takes too long.
there are dozens of websites out there that suggest the problem may lie in the adapter cable, but too early to say yet.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 06:57   #19
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Does this help Chaps? Direct from GROM Tech services

Old 1st July 2009, 07:01   #20
Teflon
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
I just also had a reply from a guy called Richard at Carputer shop who offered to chase them up for me if it takes too long.
there are dozens of websites out there that suggest the problem may lie in the adapter cable, but too early to say yet.

It's Richard who is trying to sort mine out for me. I've spoken to him a couple of times and he seems a genuinley helpful guy.

It does seem likely that the cable is at fault, especially as Stocktakes works having been re-wired.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6