Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th November 2011, 00:02   #601
connyv6
Loves to post

75 conny

for that price im sure he sell them well much better than originally priced, just out of curiousity i dont like it personally has simon got back about his issues with chrome edging.
by the way rob please dont feel like we're badgering you for everything simon related your input and help with this thread is greatly appreciated by me as a waiting customer and personally very interested thank you
connyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 07:49   #602
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

i dont see it as badgering and am happy to update everyone as and when, i just require members to be patient, as i know in the past Simon has had orders before he was able to supply and that then can appear as if Simon is causing a delay, i know members get excited about new products and rightly so, but we are lucky to have Simon on board who is willing to listen to our requests for new additions and make them for us at reasoonable cost, he is a pleasure to deal with and a gentleman too

Simon originally thought the seat sides were bigger and would require more material which is why the price has reduced to around £20, no more news on the chrome yet but I will remind him and update you all

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 16th November 2011 at 18:25..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 17:38   #603
trebor
This is my second home

At last the moment some of you Wal ” nuts “ have been waiting for, the creation and availability of the Walnut seat sides.

Price for one seat side £20 + £4 delivery (either drivers with or without memory option/or passenger side)

Price per pair (drivers with or without memory and passenger) £38 + £4 delivery

If you are interested please order to Simon direct at [email protected] but please do not order for a week until I have heard from Simon that he is ready to go at which point I will post on here that orders can be sent to him

The reason I need you all to hold fire for a few more days is that although Simon has made one drivers side non memory option from the seat side I sent him (see picture below), he doesn’t yet have the passenger seat side or the drivers seat side with memory option and cannot make them until he gets them, but these were posted to him a few days ago and should be there soon

The one in the picture below was made by Simon for the non memory option and myself and Steve (Devilish) modified it to fit on Steve’s tourer by cutting the hole for the memory switch ourselves to make the first prototype if you like.

We did it by removing the seat side, fitting the template to it and drawing round the oblong hole for the memory switch from the inside, cut out the shape with a Stanley knife and refit the switch which pushes back in from the outside. ( even though the memory switch is oval in shape the hole underneath it where the back of the switch locates is oblong )

Details have also been posted at post 1 of this thread as previously promised so that all of the available products are in one place with the prices.

There is no “ how to “ as such as the seat sides are not difficult to remove and if you have the non memory option you can fit the Walnut by just unclipping the 2 switches without removing the whole side, but for the memory option you will need to unclip the memory switch from the inside before you can fit the walnut.

If anyone has any questions about how to remove a seat side when the time comes please ask.

Below is the Harmony radio, at the moment Simon makes a surround for this option which is number 14 on the schematic at post 1 of this thread. Presently it is an outline surround of the facia and doesnt go around the switches but Simon is now going to do one that does go around the switches, similiar to the Symphony options shown at number 14 ands 15 of the schematic at post 1 – there is a Harmony facia on its way to him so he can design a new facia at which point he will include it as an option in his schematic, so if you want one of these you will be able to order before long.

I have also asked Simon for an update on his quest to find an alternative way to make the chrome surrounds and will keep you all posted

Can i just say a big thanks to the members who have donated the seat sides ( trikey ) and Harmony facia ( suzublu ) free of charge on a non return basis

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 17th November 2011 at 18:18..
Old 18th November 2011, 20:02   #604
trebor
This is my second home

Re above Simon is going to make the memory option very precise so the walnut can be fitted without removing the seat side, i will keep you posted

Robs Car Gallery

Old 20th November 2011, 14:48   #605
trebor
This is my second home

bumpety bump

Robs Car Gallery

Old 20th November 2011, 16:14   #606
MisterTomez
Gets stuck in

'00 BMW 535i Auto M-Sport, '99 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto

All good news Rob, thanks for keeping us updated. I'll certainly be ordering a set once you've got it all sorted and Simon is ready.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Trimmed like a first class cabin on the Titanic...before it sank." ---------- "The LPG'd, civilized psychopath."
MisterTomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:02   #607
trebor
This is my second home

Just letting anyone interested know that you can now order the non memory walnut seat sides from Simon - see above posts 1 & 603 for details, I am just waiting for a memory option to arrive for test fiting and i will let you all know when you can order these asap

Robs Car Gallery

Old 23rd November 2011, 19:29   #608
Swordy
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 Saloon, Rover 75 Tourer

Default Thank you

Thank you for all this good work.

Once the memory option has been ok'd I'll put my order in. Maybe a little christmas present to myself.

Have the door "cappings" gone any further? I like the type Avon used...but sculptured more for the 75 trim.
So it would go under the black top trim along the curved edge.

Much appreciated

Cheers

Paul
Swordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:54   #609
trebor
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordy View Post
Thank you for all this good work.

Once the memory option has been ok'd I'll put my order in. Maybe a little christmas present to myself.

Have the door "cappings" gone any further? I like the type Avon used...but sculptured more for the 75 trim.
So it would go under the black top trim along the curved edge.

Much appreciated

Cheers

Paul
I am on the case with the door cappings and will update you all as soon as i can

Robs Car Gallery

Old 29th November 2011, 18:44   #610
Quince99

Volvo S60 T4

Coming in very late on this thread - are these items still available? Simon's ebay ID seems to list no items at all for sale.
Quince99 is offline   Reply With Quote