Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th January 2012, 14:46   #671
Swordy
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 Saloon, Rover 75 Tourer

Default This is....

All looking very good....I can see a big order going into Simon when this is all worked out!!

Great work!!

So now will order....memory seat panels / door cappings/ rear rest cubby hole..... ??????

Paul
Swordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2012, 17:31   #672
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

The 23mm are on their way to me Martin so I will take some pics when they come, to be honest the last template Simon sent fit really well so this time it is only fine adjustments to make them perfect.

Re the door cappings it is early days but we need to find the best material and way of making the backing onto which Simons facia will go and we can work on this and do a how to to help everyone out when the time comes

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2012, 17:43   #673
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Update on the door cappings, Jim has sent me front and rear templates which are on their way to Simon, couple of pis attached of the size of the templates, i dont expect these to work out cheap as Simon will have to use lots of resin as with the seat sides but i will keep you all posted as usual

Jim has also expressed an interest in getting some walnut for the inside of the rear armrest/cubby where the indents are, I have asked Simon for his opinion but would any other members want these ?

Personaly i think those door cappings are far to big. Just my opinion. However i would be interested in some cubby item's..
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2012, 17:58   #674
trebor
This is my second home

As said due to the size of the cappings and the amount of resin needed plus there are 4 doors i expect these to be costly so maybe reducing the size a bit will make them more viable but lets wait and see, Simon makes cappings for other cars so has some experience with these

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Old 26th January 2012, 18:49   #675
Martin75
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDti Auto Saloon 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
As said due to the size of the cappings and the amount of resin needed plus there are 4 doors i expect these to be costly so maybe reducing the size a bit will make them more viable but lets wait and see, Simon makes cappings for other cars so has some experience with these
Shame I like them just as they are, but no doubt they'll turn out to be an inch wide - by popular demand ...

Last edited by Martin75; 26th January 2012 at 18:51..
Martin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2012, 18:52   #676
trebor
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin75 View Post
Shame I like them just as they are, but no doubt they'll turn out to be an inch wide - by popular demand ...
You know Simon we can have 2 sizes if we like so no problem Martin

Robs Car Gallery

Old 26th January 2012, 21:07   #677
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

On the question of the size of the door cappings, when I made them I did think about them being on the heavy side but bear in mind the template shows the full size i.e. my finished article has a chamferred edge all round so the actual walnut area is slightly smaller.

The template can of course be reduced in size very easily to suit anyones taste but I don't know how this would fit in with what Simon is preparing.

On the rear armrest there was a phot of one on the forum a few months back but I have been unable to find it again, perhaps someone may know where this is and link it here. Just thought it may already be hidden in the 60 or so pages.

Finally anyone wishing a template can PM me and I can arrange some.

JYJ
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2012, 21:23   #678
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Are the seat sides available to order now, I need non-memory so I assume measurements differences are not a problem?

Excuse me for being a bit dim, but do I remove the seat switches to fit these & if so do they just pull off?

Thanks
Jim
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2012, 21:41   #679
trebor
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Are the seat sides available to order now, I need non-memory so I assume measurements differences are not a problem?

Excuse me for being a bit dim, but do I remove the seat switches to fit these & if so do they just pull off?

Thanks
Jim
Yes the switches pull off take your time and gently prize them with a flat bladed screwdriver, and the seat sides you want are available just e mail Simon direct details in post 1

Robs Car Gallery

Old 26th January 2012, 21:48   #680
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Thanks very much
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote